Ranking
Original Post
[Art]How to make clear textured body parts and/or textured trails.
Okay, I am going to show you how to make clear textures, or partially clear textures, for body parts and trails, using GIMP 2.

First, open GIMP.

Second, open a new image.
Make width and height each 512 (it doesn't matter what size texture you have, this works best).
Next, click advanced options, change X res. to 128.005, and Y res. to 256.005.
Almost done, now change the "fill with" to transparency.
Finally, when you are done save as .gif or .png.

*If you want it completely transparent, then just save the image after your do all of that^.

** If you are going to insert an image into the transparency, what ever looks like a checkerboard will be transparent.
Last edited by dravensk8; Jun 24, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
I don't even see how this would be a tutorial. Transparency should be common sense.

Not really. I tried to make part of my head transparent by keeping tha area empty and all it did when I equipped it was have that area white.

Thanx for the help, thisll make me a better head texture maker

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
Originally Posted by spitfired View Post
i canr download gimp i dont have th following reqiurements noo!!!

I'm pretty sure you can download earlier versions of gimp, so that the system requirements are lower.

And I'm glad I could help guys!!
.png also allows for transperency and is supported by the Forum's texture uploader.

So uploading a .png file with transperency in it to your texture should, in turn, allow for a transparent surface in-game.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN