Ranking
Original Post
Clan boosting
I was on the "Clan discussion" board and I noticed something… Only the big and famous clans (or clans with admins or ES on them) were getting replies on their recruitment center and board discussions almost daily.
I'm not an old player so I don't know how the mentality regarding clans was back then, but one thing I'm starting to see is that few people want to enter small clans and build them from the ground up.
People don't have the passion to build a new clan, their instinct is to apply to a big clan (or famous one).
This is why I had an idea that I think would help smaller clans...

My idea is divided in 2 parts:

1- Make regular (once a week) clan events for clans that are lvl 1 to lvl 5, this would help smaller clans to get motivated and doing their best to win the event prices (that could be clan XP or items / TC / Shiai Tokens for the members. Nothing too crazy like 5 Shiai Tokens to the first place clan members!! It could be like 2 Shiai Tokens for the first place clan members...)

2- Make a board called "Clan boosting" (name is an example), where small clans could make their threads, instead of being side to side with the "Big Boys"

I think this idea will not be implemented, but It seemed great in my head so... yeah thanks for reading!!
As it stands I don't believe that regular events would perform that well for clans.
Clan league, literally the biggest clan event of every year got 17 entrants. We have been tossing around ideas about implementing some form of automatic clan competitions run in-game, but we're still settling on some details, and also whether it's even feasible in the first place.

I think part of the issue is in-game exposure, the forums are a surprisingly small part of clans these days now that people use in-game (obviously to play the game) and discord.
Don't want to reveal too much obviously, but please note that we do want to do things that engage clans more in-game, particularly the newer guys that still have the energy to get involved with these kinds of things.
Point is, I guess, we share the sentiment and there are ongoing discussions a out the best way to do something about it.

As for the second point, there is a recruitment board for unofficial clans where they can try and recruit people without worrying about official clans. (Only dying official clans can post threads there; see rules thread in clan discussion)

Part of the perks of being official in that regard are that you're already established and can end up being a bit more visible on the forums, to diminish that detracts from one of the few things that being official actually helps with, and I'd be very hesitant to alter that.

Ty for the suggestion, we always like hearing ideas!

Edit: the term "boosting" gave me a though though. Clans could gain double do or something for games played in their clan server, or could gain xp from matches played in their server even if it's not by people in their clan. I dunno, just spit balling a thing that might nudge people to reply and get a good public discussion going idk
Last edited by Erth; Jun 28, 2019 at 02:10 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
As it stands I don't believe that regular events would perform that well for clans.
Clan league, literally the biggest clan event of every year got 17 entrants. We have been tossing around ideas about implementing some form of automatic clan competitions run in-game, but we're still settling on some details, and also whether it's even feasible in the first place.

I think part of the issue is in-game exposure, the forums are a surprisingly small part of clans these days now that people use in-game (obviously to play the game) and discord.
Don't want to reveal too much obviously, but please note that we do want to do things that engage clans more in-game, particularly the newer guys that still have the energy to get involved with these kinds of things.
Point is, I guess, we share the sentiment and there are ongoing discussions a out the best way to do something about it.

As for the second point, there is a recruitment board for unofficial clans where they can try and recruit people without worrying about official clans. (Only dying official clans can post threads there; see rules thread in clan discussion)

Part of the perks of being official in that regard are that you're already established and can end up being a bit more visible on the forums, to diminish that detracts from one of the few things that being official actually helps with, and I'd be very hesitant to alter that.

Ty for the suggestion, we always like hearing ideas!

Edit: the term "boosting" gave me a though though. Clans could gain double do or something for games played in their clan server, or could gain xp from matches played in their server even if it's not by people in their clan. I dunno, just spit balling a thing that might nudge people to reply and get a good public discussion going idk

I was thinking about in-game clan competitions too!!
What you said makes sense...
And when you said that the term "boosting" gave you an idea... well it gave me one too...
Why not make rooms for unoficial clans too gain XP (but only clans form lvl 1 to 5...
For example a person in a lvl 1 clan would enter the room and fight a person of a lvl 3 clan... the person who wins the fight gets an "x" amount of XP for their clan!!
Since clans can pass from the level 1 to the level 5 in literally 1 day, this would not work unless we increase this to level 1 to the level 20 for example. The idea is not bad but we need to think about some important points before implementing something like that

1. Will the new clans actually use it?

We can have the room and all but we need something that will attract these clans to the room to actually play games or it will be another public room that will be empty everyday. We would need something that would really help these clans by playing there, and for now I really can think about anything.

2. Is XP really important for a new clan?

Since we stopped to put out fingers in every clan that doesn't follow our basic model (clan story, goals etc), the clans are not worried anymore with the forum and, clans can use perk points only in the forum for now and most of them are for official clans only. The only thing I can think now to help a bit with this point is to implement new perks for unofficial clans and also implement in-game perks. We actually have a big discussion about new perks and you can expect new perks to come soon.

3. How will XP boost clans?

XP alone will not help new clans in any way, unless we implement a whole new system to work. I can't tell much as erth said but we also have plans for some new cool things, but this one will take relatively a long time to be implement, but for now we don't have anything that would really make clans need XP to boost something.

Your idea is good, but needs a lot of minor points to actually work
Last edited by Life; Jun 28, 2019 at 04:10 PM.
R.I.P Static
Maybe make EXP useful? EXP is just to level up, but I think it would be a good idea to make something out of leveling up, for example:
level 5: A random I Item for all Members
Level 10: A PERK HAS BEEN ADDED
Level 15: A random II Item for all members
Level 20: A random III Item for all members
Level 30: A random IV Item for all members
Level 40: A random V Item for all members
Level 50: A PERK HAS BEEN ADDED
Level 60: A random VI Item for all members
Level:70: A random VII Item for all members
Level 80: A random VIII Item for all members
Level 90: A random Elite Item for all members
Level 100: A random Elite Item for all members and A NEW PERK HAS BEEN ADDED
also what life said about leveling up is easy... maybe it can be made so it is a bit hard?
Maybe Clan Event Squad could be a thing, squad that makes clan events (like what Dextile68 mentioned) or Event Squad could do it or just automatic events/tournament (like what Erth mentioned).

The idea of the level up and get something out of it maybe could make everyone be interested in those events? @Life

People could make alts to get items for themselves but like I said maybe it could be hard?
what I mean by hard is lower the amount of EXP that people get by mass-warring and higher the amount of exp you need to level up everytime you are on a new level.
Last edited by Xaria; Jun 28, 2019 at 05:30 PM.
Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
Maybe make EXP useful? EXP is just to level up, but I think it would be a good idea to make something out of leveling up, for example:
Level 10: A random Elite Item for all members and A NEW PERK HAS BEEN ADDED
also what life said about leveling up is easy now... maybe it can be made so it is a bit hard?

Interesting but I can already see people creating alts to farm items or jumping from clan to clan to get more stuff.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Interesting but I can already see people creating alts to farm items or jumping from clan to clan to get more stuff.

I was editing my post when you sent that

People could make alts to get items for themselves but like I said maybe it could be hard?
what I mean by hard is lower the amount of EXP that people get by mass-warring and higher the amount of exp you need to level up everytime you are on a new level.

Alt limit could be a thing but that is out of the topic

I'm thinking that there could be a limit of clans you can be in?

or maybe there could be an ALT DETECT in a clan? Simply when it detects an alt in a clan it does not give the account the items but it sents to the other mains in the clan.
maybe you say VPN but is it possible that there can be a thing called VPN Breaker? Where it Breaks through the VPN to see the IP? I doubt there is something like that so I think the limited clans you can be in makes more sense. (sorry for my English)
Last edited by Xaria; Jun 28, 2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I was editing my post when you sent that

Alt limit could be a thing but that is out of the topic

I'm thinking that there could be a limit of clans you can be in?

or maybe there could be an ALT DETECT in a clan? Simply when it detects an alt in a clan it does not give the account the items but it sents to the other mains in the clan.
maybe you say VPN but is it possible that there can be a thing called VPN Breaker? Where it Breaks through the VPN to see the IP? I doubt there is something like that so I think the limited clans you can be in makes more sense. (sorry for my English)

Alt detect would be easy, you could trace the email source ip with a Simple vpn decoder...
also what life said about leveling up is easy... maybe it can be made so it is a bit hard?
Maybe Clan Event Squad could be a thing, squad that makes clan events (like what Dextile68 mentioned) or Event Squad could do it or just automatic events/tournament (like what Erth mentioned).

The idea of the level up and get something out of it maybe could make everyone be interested in those events? @Life

I think this is a great idea, but instead of individual items, I believe that rewards should be something that benefits the clan and is harder for individual players to abuse. Something a long the lines of getting perk points when leveling up (I'm not familiar with clan stuff, but I assume this is already a thing?).
Unless there is a surefire way of preventing exploitation of item/tc rewards, I don't think it would be the smartest idea of dishing them out.

Originally Posted by Dextile69 View Post
Alt detect would be easy, you could trace the email source ip with a Simple vpn decoder...

Again, sorry for my ignorance, but what would happen in the case of multiple account being tied to the same ip because of something like siblings or just having a friend over?

(im)

There’s a few ways we could solve the alt problem here. Either we’d have to put more emphasis on catching multi-clanners (which is a lot more work than the 2nd option), OR we could require the members to be in the clan for X amount of time before they are eligible to receive anything. In the future, once more perks have been created and released, I think it’d be better to keep unlocking perks via XP instead of mostly items. Sure, we could throw in an elite item prize for everyone at the end for level 100 or something, but the majority of the other ones could be used to unlock perks. This would also discourage abusing the system with alts cos they wouldn’t be able to benefit from the perks unless they are committed to the clan. I just woke up so sorry if my wording is a bit hard to understand. :banane56:
w