Ranking
Original Post
i cant skate please help
i can balance fine but i need some help to actually do tricks

can you give a joint by joint tutorial on a trick (including what mod used) so i can get the general idea on how to do stuff on a skateboard and then hopefully make my own tricks.
[Pure], wanna join?
I found out how to Ollie. It's just like jumping in real life.
As you plan to make an Ollie, raise your arms a few frames before you begin extending your hips and/or knees. Experiment your jump sequence, know when to contract your knees to get the board to fly up.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Tonakai; Feb 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: o7
[Death Plague] | RL | ORMO | PwN |Dragenon's Realistic spars thread
dragenon thanks for the advice on how to ollie but i still dont know how to do kickflips and stuff
Last edited by Tonakai; Feb 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: o7
[Pure], wanna join?
Well once you look at your ghost and see that the board is about to get into the air, play around with your legs. Like contracting both knees, hips, and ankles to get the board to do a kickflip.

Every frame counts, every time a body part touches the board, it'll move easily. Even if it only touched it for 1 frame.

Take a look at this replay, pause at frame: 1930 and watch my right leg, it's contracting and my foot is making contact with the board which causes it to flip sideways.
The replay may look good, but I failed the landing.
EDIT2: Oh and I almost forgot, I believe the arms and lumber are very important in balancing because if you are leaning to far foward, use your lumber.

EDIT: I just realized that the mod won't load, sorry about that but I used the mod: skateboard3.tbm . You probably don't have it. Click here to download it, put that file in your mod folder ( Toribash -> data -> mod ). Once you done that, you will have to download my replay and place it in your replay folder ( Toribash -> replay )
Attached Files
Drage - Skate - Kickflipto.rpl (75.0 KB, 238 views)
Last edited by Dragenon; Feb 20, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
[Death Plague] | RL | ORMO | PwN |Dragenon's Realistic spars thread
thanks for the help i managed to do a 360 pop-shuvit
in case u dont know what that its wen u spin the board horizontally (i didnt land it so i improvised and it turned out OK)

u can keep giving tips if u want for other peoples benifit but i lkely wont view this again

i think the mod is skate2 search skateboarding in the forums and ul get a threa called real skateboarding (or something like that)
Attached Files
pop-shuvit.rpl (54.3 KB, 116 views)
Last edited by weed33; Feb 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM.
[Pure], wanna join?
Not the very first time someone has made a thread like this.

If you search `em up, you could find more tips from other members that asked.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

skate1.rpl
skate2.rpl

Here's my beginner skating replays. The trick is to lower your body as much as possible without losing balance, then spin upwards with your knees, you can spin up by reversing every joint, too(that's what i do in my second replay)
Handle a skate replay like a madman, keep editing it to it looks better (the first replay must have gone through at least 10 edit's)

Hope this help
Last edited by matixryder; Feb 21, 2010 at 07:02 AM.