Ranking
Original Post
[GM] Jelly Limbs

Jelly Limbs

There's a saying "You never know the value of what you have till you lose it". You might call yourself a professional killer, but what if your arms or legs turned into a flabby, fractured mass of jelly? Could you still perform just as well? Let's find out!

Objective
By editing replay you will make your pair of arms or legs fractured. Handicapped this way, you have to create the best replay possible. Bonus points for actually making use of your crippled limbs! Both creativity and technique of your replay will be judged by the GM Team.
An example replay is attached to show you the general concept.

How do I get my arms or legs fractured?
1. Open up toribash and set desired settings such as distance or gravity.
2. Hold all and press shift+space to progress a single frame. Save your replay.
3. Open replay file with notepad and at the end of text paste:
ARMS:
FRAME 1; 0 0 0 0
FRACT 0; 5 6 8 9 10 11
JOINT 0; 5 4 6 4 8 4 9 4 10 4 11 4
LEGS:
FRAME 1; 0 0 0 0
FRACT 0; 14 15 16 17 18 19
JOINT 0; 14 4 15 4 16 4 17 4 18 4 19 4
4. Save file, open replay and edit it from the moment your limbs fracture. (protip: use "." and "," to slow down/speed up replays)
image explanation

Note: if you make a replay and then try to edit it, it might glitch (fractures won't happen) - you will need to open the replay file with notepad again, find line with "FRAME 1" and add fracture code again.

Rules
Your arms or legs must be fractured
Mod is classic.tbm, but you can change settings
No hacking replays (apart from adding the fractures at start)
No stealing replays
No moving Uke

Prizes
1st - x10 + + +
2nd - x6 + +

Deadline
2 weeks. It's over!
Okay guys! The winners have been chosen!

First place goes to Internet, because who needs functioning arms to do a good manipulation replay, right?

Second place goes to DropKick for his jaw-dropping limp-limb decap.

Gradeger's replay gets a honorable mention for being the third most favourite of the judges.

Prizes sent! Congratulations to winners and to everybody who took up the challenge!

EDIT- BONUS INFO:
My replay glitched and it's all weird, but it was alright when I saved, how to fix? -> http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=13
How does that frac hacking work? How do I fracture both my arms and legs? -> http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=27
Attached Files
example_arms.rpl (94.0 KB, 66 views)
example_legs.rpl (80.1 KB, 47 views)
Last edited by JtanK; Jul 8, 2014 at 08:54 PM.
Cool event idea! Looking foward to participating. Also is the gm team judging or a different group of people?
Originally Posted by Tsuion View Post
Cool event idea! Looking foward to participating. Also is the gm team judging or a different group of people?

It will be judged by the GM team.

By the way, if you have problems adding your fractures in the notepad, you can post the settings you want and I will upload a replay for you to edit in free time.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
haha nice prizes, i get it, because plasma is the color of fracture

anyways, my replay is already half done

--------------

wtf my replay glitched

my arms were fractured from frame 0

can someone pls help?
Attached Files
#Haze - Jelly Limbs.rpl (94.0 KB, 53 views)
Last edited by waifu; Jun 21, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
Fixed it, I had the same problem :/ idk what happened, something similar happened to me where when I changed the name of the replay I had to re-add in the fractures, but as you can see this did not work with yours.
Attached Files
Here you go Haze.rpl (94.0 KB, 19 views)
Last edited by craftinbros; Jun 23, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
I went on and fixed it for you:
I found the "FRACT 0; 5 6 8 9 10 11" line somewhere in your replay, removed it and pasted it instead of "CRUSH 0;" in the FRAME 1 block, just before next FRAME starts. That's for convenience in case somebody wanted to fix his replay on his own.
This CRUSH thing happens when you edit your replay with fractures added in, as I mentioned here
Note: if you make a replay and then try to edit it, it might glitch (fractures won't happen) - you will need to open the replay file with notepad again, find line with "FRAME 1" and add fracture code again.

Not like it can't be fixed though.

Anyway, the replay's all good and legit.
Attached Files
#Haze - Jelly Limbs_fixed.rpl (94.0 KB, 42 views)

[re] | #Polska
Originally Posted by Gradeger View Post
Can we change our replays in the future?

Sure, the final replays will be rounded up after deadline, you can switch them up however many times you want until the deadline.

[re] | #Polska