Toribash
Original Post
Ghost Duration
My idea here is: implementing a command that would change the duration of the ghost.

This would be extremely helpful for attempting long skeetshots or long range jumps, and for literally anything that goes far beyond what the ghost currently predicts.

Of course, there is the edit button, but it's not helpful at all when we consider skeetshots of big distances - you have to attempt the skeet, then play the replay so you will discover if it would hit or not, and if it fails you'll have to attempt again and end up in this cycle that will probably eat up a lot of time.

I tried to suggest this only as a Lua Script, but apparently Lua scripts have no control over ghost other than turn it on and off.

Originally Posted by Rial View Post
I thought it would be easier to scale it.
as in:
/gd or /ghostduration 1 (default duration, which predicts ~~ 80 frames)
/gd or /ghostduration 2 (this would make ghost predict ~~160 frames)
and so on

First edit after seeing some support -

On a skype chat with hypez, he told me that this could possibly give advantages on multiplayer, so I also thought about the command having an option just like "real-time ghosts" in a way that if the OP disables the ghost-duration command, all players would have their ghost-duration default, making the multiplayer game fair.

second edit -

after doing some research, toribash 'had' longer ghosts before, but apparently they never actually worked (?)
Last edited by Rial; Jan 12, 2015 at 02:58 PM.
:^)
Yes please! This would be super helpfull for long skeets as I absolutely suck at them. Many other things too such as these new fulltilt mods comming out lately. I don't see a reson why this shouldn't be.

Supported
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
This would be exactly what every replay maker needs, to see if they are going to make a launch kick, or to see if a skeet will make it.

Supported
I think that there also should be a function that allows one to actually edit another players ghost. Maybe you could somehow pause the ghost's movement and click the joints to make it behave differently. It could allow competitive players to predict their enemy's movements better. And it could also allow realism fighters to cooperate with their partners better.

I think that your idea is a good one.
supported
comand for ghost lenght in frames
/gh 150
/gh 400
This would be usefull for single player replays and stuff like that,
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
supported
comand for ghost lenght in frames
/gh 150
/gh 400
This would be usefull for single player replays and stuff like that,

The ghost is apparently not affected by frame-passing (since it happens in between the frames), I thought it would be easier to scale it.
as in:

/gd or /ghostduration 1 (default duration, which predicts ~~ 80 frames)
/gd or /ghostduration 2 (this would make ghost predict ~~160 frames)
and so on
Originally Posted by Rial View Post
The ghost is apparently not affected by frame-passing

Surely it could still go on for a number of frames ahead of where the player is? Being in between frames shouldn't stop that.
supported

also a command like /ghost speed or /gs will help a lot too in multiplayer matches with low reaction time.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Surely it could still go on for a number of frames ahead of where the player is? Being in between frames shouldn't stop that.

The ghost duration is still probably in a different unit - a different 'time count' -, it only appears to be in frames because what it preditcs will later on be turned into frame count.
It's hard to explain, but think of it this way: The ghost is set to last ~~2 seconds, only later this 2 seconds durations will be turned into frames, therefore being ~~80 frames.
Anyways, I still believe it will be easier to only change the ghost duration in it's own scale, instead of changing exactly how many frames it will last.
Are you sure its in a different unit or have you just heard, it seems more difficult to use a different unit rather than just frames. Obviously im not as good a coder as those who code the game, but from my experience.

Edit:This isnt really relevant anyway, I support the idea.