Toribash
Originally Posted by 6OD View Post
MAN U!!!!!!!!!!! Now its time to defend the most popular sport in the world. With that said how is american football in anyway supreme. And this is coming from an american-fag i guess. The length of both games are similar, so your retarded on that one.

Well, since I stated that the players don't do much, other than run up and down the field the entire time without anyone scoring, it does lag on and feel quite a bit longer.

Obviously you havn't watched much good football where defensive backs go into tackles and "absolutely massacre" oncoming forwards.

I'm not quite sure which sport you're referring to here, although I'll guess it's "your football". Well, the overall brutality of it isn't even close to that of American football, usually there aren't as many highlight plays or action due to the simple nature of the sport.

Also why do you act like beer and wings aren't being consumed while watching a football game?

I didn't say they weren't, just, I'd probably think it'd be more prominent here. I didn't allude to that one bit.

You also down your own sport by calling american football athleties out of shape, "in the seven second span of the average drive." Should I go on? I think il wait for a response.

How is that comment alluding to the athletes being out of shape at all? The sequence is much more quick and condensed in American football; try learning the rules before you comment on it again. In fact, some of the most athletic plays come in that short four to eight second drive where a running/half back bolts through, or a quick pass to the wide receiver.

Your move.
Barcelona for football.
Ducks for american (college) football.
no team for nfl cause nfl is lame
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
Cleveland Browns

It wouldn't be rite to cheer for any other team

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
philly eagles <3 will rape your teams
Your signature has been banned because it draws in hate. Thank you, Toribash Community.
Originally Posted by pika View Post
Well, since I stated that the players don't do much, other than run up and down the field the entire time without anyone scoring, it does lag on and feel quite a bit longer.

I'm not quite sure which sport you're referring to here, although I'll guess it's "your football". Well, the overall brutality of it isn't even close to that of American football, usually there aren't as many highlight plays or action due to the simple nature of the sport.

I didn't say they weren't, just, I'd probably think it'd be more prominent here. I didn't allude to that one bit.

How is that comment alluding to the athletes being out of shape at all? The sequence is much more quick and condensed in American football; try learning the rules before you comment on it again. In fact, some of the most athletic plays come in that short four to eight second drive where a running/half back bolts through, or a quick pass to the wide receiver.

Your move.

Trust me i know the rules of american football and i never said i didnt appriciate it for all it is, but dont hate on football (soccer) because from what i hear you dont understand it at all. First these european football (soccer) players have so mush more skill than american football players. My point here is half the players on an american football field just get payed to stand there and be fat (blocking). Oh and might I add the player with the most skill is smaller in body size than most football (soccer) stars. The QB. Second football (soccer) player are way more in shape so even if american football players go hard for that average six seconds, football (soccer) players have to fight through tackles and continue to play if the ball is stolen because they must get back on defense, which brings up my next point football (soccer) player have to master the whole sport not just half of it or a third in special teams case. Another point people tend to be more hand-eye cordinated rather than foot-eye cordinated. Last point every single soccer player on my vasity highschool team could play a competitve game of 2-touch (notice i said 2-touch, you can make fun of that if you want) against my varsity football team, but in no way could my football even think to compete with us (soccer team) in soccer. And if this argueing goes anywhere the only point i definitly want to get across is that football (soccer) requires MORE skill.
Bow To Me
Originally Posted by Twankie View Post
philly eagles <3 will rape your teams

I have jometown pride, i know the browns arent the best team in the nfl, but i still like them since im from cleveland and it doesnt seem rite to cheer for another team

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
I love how this turned into a favorite handegg thread. Learn to read OP.

Also I'm a big chelsea fan. Also Celtic. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
I love how this turned into a favorite handegg thread. Learn to read OP.

Also I'm a big chelsea fan. Also Celtic. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Exactly my friend.
Bow To Me
Trust me i know the rules of american football and i never said i didnt appriciate it for all it is, but dont hate on football (soccer) because from what i hear you dont understand it at all. First these european football (soccer) players have so mush more skill than american football players. My point here is half the players on an american football field just get payed to stand there and be fat (blocking).

You realize that linemen can be some of the most athletic players on the field. Let me give you an example: Albert Haynesworth of the New England Patriots. His 40 yard dash time was 4.82 seconds and he's 6'6", 320 pounds. Let's get a 40 time for a well known soccer player - let's do Cristiano Ronaldo. His was 4.34 seconds and he is 6'1, 186 pounds. Approximately a half second difference for having almost twice the weight differential. So I wouldn't say the man playing defensive tackle is getting payed to simply "be fat".

Oh and might I add the player with the most skill is smaller in body size than most football (soccer) stars. The QB.

That is simply an opinionated statement, so I'll ignore that.

Second football (soccer) player are way more in shape so even if american football players go hard for that average six seconds, football (soccer) players have to fight through tackles and continue to play if the ball is stolen because they must get back on defense,

They're different sports pal. Soccer players focus more on the cardio standpoint, while as football players do more with strength. You get a striker trying to tackle a running back in a given drive, the running back goes right through him. You put a running back in on defense in a soccer match, he tires out instantly and allows the striker to go right by him and score. Get it?

which brings up my next point football (soccer) player have to master the whole sport not just half of it or a third in special teams case. Another point people tend to be more hand-eye cordinated rather than foot-eye cordinated.

Oh yeah; passing, kicking and dribbling a soccer ball takes a lot of mastery hurrrdurrr. (biased opinion right here) Also, how does this prove your claim at all in the first place? Doesn't make the sport anymore superior either way.

Last point every single soccer player on my vasity highschool team could play a competitve game of 2-touch (notice i said 2-touch, you can make fun of that if you want) against my varsity football team, but in no way could my football even think to compete with us (soccer team) in soccer. And if this argueing goes anywhere the only point i definitly want to get across is that football (soccer) requires MORE skill.

Two hand touch doesn't even theoretically prove your point one bit, since it completely omits any contact which is what the athletes in football are trained for. Also, I'm sure football players could marginally compete with a soccer team, due to the general nature of athletics.