Ranking
Original Post
Moderators, GM's, Ninja's, Etc...
Some have been dicks lately (No offense)

I wanna say these:

If I were any of those people, I would do everything it takes just to satisfy the community.

They have all the power. With great power comes great ________ (I know you know it)

You see, they are powerful BUT we should not be afraid of them, they must be afraid of us.

Anyone agree?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
I think all of the staff are nice if you don't act stupid or get in their bad books, the get sick of idiots the have to deal with I assume.
Most staff members are competent most of the time.
Administration is not really efficient, mostly because hampa does not care what goes on and some of the most prestigious positions are filled with inactive people who don't do anything interesting besides mocking people on IRC and giving occasional input when asked to.
Community is run by itself and it could be worse. It could be a lot better, but that would require work. No one likes to work for free and I doubt anyone will be paid to moderate the community anytime soon.
How are you?
Oh neat, it's been a while since I've seen one of these "WE HAVE THE POWER ETCETERA" threads.

Your point would be (mostly) true if you were talking exclusively about the GMs. Yes, their primary job is to make your gameplay experience more enjoyable and you should hold them to that.

The forum staff, on the other hand? If you think that we're here to dote on your every little need then you're more than a little bit mistaken. The forum staff exists to keep the forums orderly. We close shit threads, we deal with caustic behavior, we ban trouble users. Add all of that together and you get a job that's generally not going to be very popular simply because our primary job is to enforce the rules, not cater to your whims. If you're dealing with forum staff then it's likely because you did something wrong. In that situation I'd highly recommend you put away any entitled "you're here to serve me" thoughts you might have and concentrate on figuring out what you did.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Staff was created to help users and punish offenders. If you are not offender - you have no reasons to afraid them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[TW T2RAFS] :: [ex-Leader of rb] :: [OoT] :: [Unibash] :: [RMO]
ex-Gamemaster :: ex-Moderator of russian sections :: ex-Clan council member
Need help with anything? PM me
Have a some problem with Tournament Bot - Lets me know

Can this thread be considered a response to this conversation we had a few hours ago?
Last edited by Hero; Mar 18, 2014 at 05:37 PM.
Oh fun he sent me the same thing and used the same McDonalds example.
Most staff members are pretty enjoyable people as long as you don't do anything wrong or annoy them.
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
Some have been dicks lately (No offense)

I wanna say these:

If I were any of those people, I would do everything it takes just to satisfy the community.

They have all the power. With great power comes great ________ (I know you know it)

You see, they are powerful BUT we should not be afraid of them, they must be afraid of us.

Anyone agree?

You seem to forget that of the COPIOUS amount of people who work hard on Toribash: (GMs, smods, local mods, russian local mods, market squad members, clan council, clan mods, admins, ninjas, developers, content creators, mod makers, minibash developers, marketeers, torinews, etc. etc. etc.), less than 10%, probably closer to like 3% of the people who spend hours selflessly on Toribash are actually compensated for their thoughts, time, and effort.

More now than ever I'm more than happy with who's holding what positions of staff. You have great people with good personalities like ishi and Erth in the admin seats, GMs who actually like to come up with interesting events, great artists in item forgers making some really cool and exciting stuff that I can't wait for them to unveil to the public, SUPER experienced people sitting on the Msquad staff, and Smods who care way more about doing their job than having an ego and sipping on scotch in what use to be a gentlemen's club. For the first time in a LONG time- the people with the most power still actively log in and play with regular guys in regular servers. I'm pretty convinced there have been admins/smods in the past who legit didn't even have Toribash installed.

We like "fresh blood" coming in wanting to "change the world". When we see it in people who we think are actually mature and responsible, usually we give them a chance. Now more than ever we've been shifting staff around rather than recycling them because the philosophy as become "people will do a better job at a position they'll have more fun holding".
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
The forum staff, on the other hand? If you think that we're here to dote on your every little need then you're more than a little bit mistaken. The forum staff exists to keep the forums orderly. We close shit threads, we deal with caustic behavior, we ban trouble users. Add all of that together and you get a job that's generally not going to be very popular simply because our primary job is to enforce the rules, not cater to your whims. If you're dealing with forum staff then it's likely because you did something wrong. In that situation I'd highly recommend you put away any entitled "you're here to serve me" thoughts you might have and concentrate on figuring out what you did.

I don't entirely agree with this.

I've been banned a lot, mainly just for disagreeing with a staff member or getting on their bad side for whatever reason. Staff have made a point to flame and abuse me many times, and even save and distribute logs. I think they mainly do this because they know there is no consequences, so they can be as big an asshole as they want.

I wouldn't say staff is an unpopular job, most people want to help out.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff