For me,the most useless subject of all time is

Here open this

Yes,i have ask my teacher about it and she not even know too lul
Soooo what about you.What is the most useless subject on math
-My DeviantArt-
-Bad80-
No subject of maths is useless.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post
No subject of maths is useless.

tell me what you'd use ever use it for unless you're going to study something math related, I'm interested.
basic maths like calculating sizes and converting units are very important in my opinion.
dreamy suicide act
I love math. Every subject in math is important. But if you want to work at mcdonalds, math is not that important.
GOD
While I do agree that the majority of people won't be using higher level maths (calculus and the such), basic Algebra/Geometry is needed in every day life.
Really? Algebra is the most useless?

The fact that your teacher can't explain why algebra is important is alarming. Algebra is more than x's and y's. Algebra teaches basic ideas of abstraction and generalization that are useful in everyday life, not to mention absolutely necessary for any study of math, science, engineering, economics, I could go on but we'd be here for a while.

If you don't understand why being able to generalize 1+1=2 to x+x=2x and then reversing the process to solve for x might be important somewhere down the line then you're either not far enough in your education to get it, which is fine but you should trust me that it's going to be important, or you actually "want to work at mcdonalds" in which case I'm gonna back up so I don't disturb your little bubble.
Last edited by hanz0; Sep 10, 2015 at 06:07 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by dank View Post
tell me what you'd use ever use it for unless you're going to study something math related, I'm interested.
basic maths like calculating sizes and converting units are very important in my opinion.

The building you live in, the streets you walk on, the pipes below them and everything in between is possible through the use of mathematics.

Your life is completely dependant on maths. Don't try to pretend it's not important for you to know how the world around you works.
-----
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Really? Algebra is the most useless?

Algebra teaches basic ideas of abstraction and generalization that are necessary for any study of math, science, engineering, economics, I could go on but we'd be here for a while.

If you don't understand why being able to generalize 1+1=2 to x+x=2x and then reversing the process to solve for x might be important somewhere down the line then you're either not far enough in your education to get it, which is fine but you should trust me that it's going to be important, or you actually "want to work at mcdonalds" in which case I'm gonna back up so I don't disturb your little bubble.

This is also very important.
Last edited by lillian; Sep 10, 2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Knowing maths is knowing how to apply given, self evident or memorised information to gain reliable new information efficiently. At high levels, you would be unlikely to come across more than a couple questions without algebra in during an exam. By high levels I am talking about carrying on maths until around 15, which is a requirement in a lot of good schools, so yeah.

Anyway, it is true that some subjects are less useful than others and I personally never learnt my times table as a child. A lot of people I talk to apparently didn't either, so I don't know why schools still bother with it. I eventually learn it through practice but that was just as the result of doing so much maths, almost all of which required multiplication.
Good morning sweet princess
Math is very important in life. It is often used to calculate how much weight the truss in your house can withstand.
People don't just slap a beam here and there yeah there are regulations to go by. Which is why an architect will draw up your plans and have everyone and their mother look at it so they make sure his calculations are right and your house doesn't collapse in on itself.
Ishi4admin Wh-ORMO
Predicting the rise and decline of the stock market value is one of the most important uses of maths - among the many many crucial uses - that there are. There is an uncountable amount of people that are rich just because of it, not just the people that make the predictions (Actuareal Scientists) but more than 80% of regular people that make investments, gain money purely from the fact that they have a relatively good knowledge of stock value and how it will change thanks to statistics, calculus and data prediction; all of which at an incredible high level.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*