ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Shia Token idea
OK so I'm thinking since we have 3d items made already how bout we make a feature where you can make your own 3d items your own way. The way it is set up is it we have a screen where you put in 35 ST to make a full 3d out side set like for instance a Flandre scarlet dress with hair a bonnet and boots to mach with 3d rainbow diamond wings. Hair will be 5 ST cloths will be 10 St a piece all extra parts will be added little by little. I will leave the prices to you if you think the prices i give aren't quite right just give me a PM ill read it see if you guys like it or not but i would really like this feature so its easier to make your tori look like a real thing you'd want to fight with. This is cillster signing off
Well. First off, People could try and build dicks with this system and use Shiai for it. Also, they make the items themselves so the physics aren't absolutely horrible. I don't see why you would have to make your own Shiai items. The items they plus they are still adding are still good. Considering there is no way to actually dress up your tori without making those items yourself which is hard because you actually have to make the item 3D and that would mean implementing a new system that allowed you to build 3D items which i'm assuming should be done in a 3D studio found on the internet. To cut the chase,
NOT SUPPORTED
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Its an ok idea. Might be hard to implement. But wouldnt this make the item forgers obselete? Their entire existence is based upon making new trendy 3d objects for the community to buy. Though it sounds like smething I might want to use (Cause you item forgers made one frickin Fedora!!!.....FISH!) to let my full creative flow unfold, I still find it hard to even consider such an idea.

Not Supported until further data arises to change my mind
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
no i dont want to see the eye sores some 10 year olds want to create

there's a reason it's people's job to make nice looking items
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

If you can create good 3D models that can be used as items, do so and send the screenshots with these models loaded to me. If they're good we'll simply release them along with other 3D items.
Initially, like most of the other people posting here, I thought this idea was stupid, but flames are fully customisable and there isn't too much abuse (a few dicks make spammy flames sometimes but /opt particles 0 is alright for such times). I feel like this idea has potential if it focusses on modifying pre-existing items rather than creating new ones (since item creation is probably hard as hell). I don't know anything about item forging so I am not sure what sorts of customisations could be made (length, weight, fluidity/rigidity perhaps for stuff like hair?) but they would have to different for each item and have limitations to stop gigantic 3d items. This would mean that the item forgers would probably have to test which variables worked for each new item and this might not be worth it.

If flame forge style item customisation is a bad idea I think we should still consider being about to perhaps "upgrade" certain items with shiais to perhaps make a hat taller or longer or add wings to shoes and then adding more to make the wings bigger. Although again, this might be a lot of work for item forgers, I just thing it would be cool to have the option to make one of the cheaper shiai item dope as hell by pimping it out with upgrades. Perhaps people would only be able to see the next upgrade rather than all the variants of the item since this would add to the curiosity factor. It might even be a good idea for the next upgrade to not be shown so all the user would know was that the item would be made to look better. The description of the item would be changed (level 1, 2, 3... max).

I know this sounds like a lot of work for a small change but I honestly thing this change would be pretty massive. It's cool to have new items being released every so often but I think an upgrade system for all the items we have at the moment would be worth while.

Not sure if you would want to extend it to normal 3d items being upgraded by shiais.
Good morning sweet princess
and plus if everyone had to make a shiai item the market would be full of random items/ it will look a little messy
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
I don't know anything about item forging so...

That's why these suggestions are useless.

Flames are not actual models that you can use anywhere, they are a Toribash built-in thing. A flow of the same images going of one specific joint at specific rate, speed and so on.
3D model items are .obj models that you can create with any modelling program (as long as it supports .obj export) and use in lots of different applications. By allowing changing models through Toribash, we'll need to add a full 3D model editor which will be useless taken the fact that 95% of users don't know how to model at all. Same with allowing players to upload their own models - we will get both crappy items that look horrible or lots of free models that people get from different websites which will most probably make the game lag as hell as they are usually poorly done.

As I already said: if you know how to model and can make good models, PM them to us or apply to Item Forgers straightaway. If you don't, then you have to get an idea of how 3D models are made before suggesting this.
Last edited by sir; Feb 16, 2015 at 09:13 AM.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
That's why these suggestions are useless.

What about my suggestion of upgrades not determined by sliders? I feel like your argument does not apply to the second half of my suggestion...

Originally Posted by Protonitron
If flame forge style item customisation is a bad idea I think we should still consider being about to perhaps "upgrade" certain items with shiais to perhaps make a hat taller or longer or add wings to shoes and then adding more to make the wings bigger. Although again, this might be a lot of work for item forgers, I just thing it would be cool to have the option to make one of the cheaper shiai item dope as hell by pimping it out with upgrades. Perhaps people would only be able to see the next upgrade rather than all the variants of the item since this would add to the curiosity factor. It might even be a good idea for the next upgrade to not be shown so all the user would know was that the item would be made to look better. The description of the item would be changed (level 1, 2, 3... max).

Then again the second half of my suggestion lacks a great deal of relevance to the original suggestion by Cillster and has a lot of its own problems so is probably still useless as a suggestion.
Good morning sweet princess
These won't be "upgrades" really, just different models that are stored as different items in the system. That can be done though I don't really think that lots of people would like that - we'd rather get IFs to make more new items than different versions of the same ones.