Toribash
View Poll Results: whats better ps3 or xbox
ps3
49 Votes / 58.33%
xbox
35 Votes / 41.67%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

The PS3 is far more useful since it has blu-ray. The games suck for both, if anything get a wii since that's unique in it's gameplay. Aside from the blu-ray, it also has netflix, as does the 360. Other than that, I don't see much reason to get either.

The ps3 was a waste of money imo, I decided to support my mom in getting a ps3, and even coerced her a little bit.

I played a couple of games on it and immediately saw that graphic wise, they were inferior. The controls were most obviously inferior, and I was expecting this, but it's still worth mentioning. The only game so far that I didn't mind the controls to was Wipeout HD.

Everyone supported consoles for more or less, plug and play. I figured that'd be a nice change from having to maybe download a patch, or apply an update, or update my video drivers. Little did I know that just about all of the games we decided to get would require a 30 minute - 1 hour update to play. The only decent thing it could do was watch blu rays, and netflix.

The only good thing about getting one of these consoles would be if you're a gamer that wants to play exclusives. That depends on your tastes in games, depending on which one to get. Look up the exclusives for both consoles, and see which one has the ones you want.

Also note that in a few years you'll be able to get an emulator and play all the exclusives that you'd want. Perhaps it'd be better to buy something worth getting?
Last edited by isaac; Jul 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Both are good i say , it depend what kind of feature do you want , But anything that you choose i believe is best for you , i don't know much about gaming feature though .....
Please bring back Organiζations board
halo? we have killzone
gears of war? GOD of war
fable? uncharted
nuff said
Well, if you want graphic heavy games, go Xbox. If your'e into watching movies and the like, get Ps3. It's gaming vs. Movies.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.
Originally Posted by Ruyzan View Post
halo? we have killzone
gears of war? GOD of war
fable? uncharted
nuff said

Halo < Killzone
Gears of War = God of War
Fable > Uncharted

True chart ^

Anyway, it really depends on what you want, a better online community full of people with mics and always talking in lobbies and stuff, or people to just play with, not talk to while playing. I never see people with mics on PS3, so if you really want a better community to play with, get an xbox. Hell, if you get an xbox, send me a pm and I'll add you.

Also, AHD has a good point, PS3 has more japanese type games, while xbox has more of every genre of game. Xbox also has a much kinder interface, I found PS3's interface or whatever hard to maneuver, find stuff, and whatever, while Xbox is very user friendly and easy to find what you need.

In my opinion, Xbox>PS3 for gaming, all else, get a PS3.
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Sup.

PS3 has better exclusives and Blu-Ray, free online service, Move

Xbox has better ports, a better controller, a better in-game interface, some cool ports, Kinect

Graphically, PS3 has better hardware, technically. But you will find that the 360 boasts better anti-aliasing and lighting (usually), along with a better general framerate (usually!).

Bold: That honestly is all about opinion. I can't stand xbox controllers due to the fact that i'm used to playstation. The in-game interface on an xbox is confusing for me, as once again, i'm used to ps.

I've had every version of the PS ever(cept those expensive gold plated ones) and i've even collected all the special ones, such as the ff(both, the white one was the one i had to order from japan) ps3.

Its just a great, reliable device. Microsoft as per usual attempts to knock off successful franchises, and the playstation was there first :P
Hoss.
I never really tried the xbox but i have a ps3 since it got out, so i would recomend the ps
Do you really think you're in control