ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Admin
So, a little while ago, I was talking to Sparky about how he became and admin on Toribash. He said "respecting the rules" or something like that.

I told him "Would I eventually become an admin some day?" and he replied, "with time, yes."

I forgot what happened straight after that so I'm wondering: xbcz is the highest qi'd player in Toribash AND respects everyone. So why isn't he a moderator?

Thanks in advance my Mcbros!
Cheers!
Last edited by SkipBySkip; Mar 12, 2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Missspelling
<ZENBOY123> "Skip"
<SkipBySkip> "Shit, what have I done now?
Games played has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you are right for staff. Some of the highest staff members in Toribash have less than 5,000 games played. Some people have well over 20,000 games played in Toribash but would be rejected from even the smallest of duties.

You need to respect the rules, be a positive force in the community, remain active in the field you're applying for, show interest in helping others, and apply for a position.

You cannot apply for an admin position anyways, people from other staff groups like Event Squad, Clan Mods, Market Squad, and Super Mods are promoted to admin.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Gotta first understand what an Administrator actually is or how you get a position.

Firstly, Sparky is a Super Moderator. Not an Admin.

I've also never really heard of anyone being offered a position for any staff position, you need to apply for them.

Administrators usually oversee a certain staff group and handle that groups issues, add new members, and just basically lead them. Admins sometimes also handle larger situations and have a big part in large updates that involve the staff.

Administrators are usually chosen from within the staff. So to even become an Admin, you'd probably already have to be staff, and have been staff for at least a while. Not to mention higher staff would discuss who would be a good pick for the position, and then discussion would be had regarding if they actually wanted the position ect.

So in the simplest terms to your post...

Having Qi doesn't mean you should be staff, it just means you've played lots of Toribash or just paid to get it.

Respecting everyone doesn't mean you should be staff, it just means you're a nice guy.

Apply for a staff position if you'd like to help, or tell someone you think would be a nice addition to apply.

Also don't apply for Admin, it doesn't work that way. And don't wait for them to go to you or anyone else.

Also heyo Hax how goes it?
Yep, just look at me. I was an orange belt when I got hired.

It's about work ethic and responsibility (and a good app). Being familiar with game mechanics and such would help you in taking on the role of an event squad(er?). And having market experience helps you in taking on the role of a market squid.

So yeah, QI is totally useless, but it does show you have experience if you want to apply for event squad or the such.
Originally Posted by Cheshyre View Post
I've also never really heard of anyone being offered a position for any staff position, you need to apply for them.

People always forget I was drafted & that I've never applied for a position here; yet wound up as god.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
People always forget I was drafted & that I've never applied for a position here; yet wound up as god.

You're a special snowflake though
dreamy suicide act
Hey, I only applied for lmod after being told to.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
... Yeah, veb gave me Market lmod after I told him it had no organization whatsoever in IRC, then Jok told me to apply for smod because I was creating so many Market reports. And then I didn't apply for anything else.

The moral of the story is that skul, suo and I didn't apply for shit but you shouldn't try to do what we did and that's a terrible moral.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
If you're not an old...well...can't say the f word anymore. Old member. No one knows you and you won't get far unless you work for it.

I think this is about the summary.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."