Ranking
I tried but I don't know which driver I should install, it doesn't show the date.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
ok, i would suggest re-downloading and installing the nvidia drivers then, here's a link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us make sure you select your series of card which is 200m series not 200 series and whatever version of windows you're running as well. the driver install will ask you to restart when you do check your task manager for the nvvsvc.exe tasks and read the description to see if they show the updated driver version instead of your current version (i would check before you install to see what it says then compare)
You don't say?
it is because alienware i never trust. I suggest you sell it for some money for a PC or better PC i always forget what alienware is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OLDA YEA COO' KIDSUPEBAD FAN AND ETC

You`d usually think youd see 2 or 3 hookers a day. but nyou don`t. thats why we have strip clubs
Originally Posted by vladvlad View Post
Do you play it with the laptop plugged in? If not, you should.It could give you a bit of performance boost.

Its a little harder than just plugging it in, you have to go into the BIOS and turn off hybrid mode and intergrated graphics.

Then you would be the same as before.
hybrid graphics although a bit slower than without still wont impact your gaming that highly, also having your laptop unplugged with hybrid graphics disabled will still impact performance because the bios itself has a power saving feature as well as windows. so separately they wouldn't do so much but combined your performance could drop significantly. such as when you unplug your laptop it could disable sli graphics to save power.

plugging in your laptop would have a big improvement if it was unplugged before.

anyways. don't listen to tagger, alienware is a good company when it comes to building working computers plus if it were a hardware issue you probably could turn it in to alienware and have them fix it for nothing as long as it's under warranty.

i doubt however it's a hardware issue unless as stated before it's a power issue. in which case go into control panel. (in control panel on the right top where it says "View by: ..." change the option to large icons) scroll down until you see power options and click it. by default there should be 2 main options. balanced and high performance, click high performance. this should increase your performance if you were on another power option. you can further optimize your performance by clicking on change plan settings to the right.

btw i've been reading the latest beta driver read me and in it one of the things states that there's problems with the 200m series cards keeping the drivers assigned. so i suggest getting the latest beta driver to fix that problem if you're still having it.

i hope this helps atleast partially
You don't say?
Okay thanks Organ, if your suggestion doesn't work, Im going to ask my uncle. Alienware company? I thought it's Dell's.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
Do you still need help?

If so then make sure you have it plugged in and make sure stealth mode is off, the touch button in the top right corner. I have an M15X myself

I'd suggest asking here on the unofficial alienware laptop forums, they are big help and know all about the alienware laptops http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware/

Is your bios up to date? You should check and update it if you can. http://support.dell.com/support/down...g=en&TabIndex=

So yeah I've had my M15X since December so if you have any questions then ask but mine works fine for all games.

Oh btw, the performance boost for having it plugged in is a huge difference.
Last edited by isaac; Jul 6, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop