ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
ANNOUNCEMENT
SUP DOODS

K, so I'm aware that all of you rep farmers are only making tutorials to get rep, and to be honest, the outcome is pretty suckish. Everyone else knows it too. You quickly throw together a tutorial that isn't really all that helpful and hope to get rep. This has to stop.
Be aware that Ezeth, Eduardo, lsl and I will be closing and possibly shaming any tutorial that is an obvious attempt to gain reputation unless we think that it is an actual help to the community. This means that it is in depth, helpful, new, and not something obscure. By obscure I mean something that nobody needs or will ever need to know.
Last edited by lsl; May 28, 2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: you forgot me :(
Originally Posted by Ecto View Post
Well then why did my thread about TC links get shamed?

Obscure, and everyone knows how to set up one of those.

Also, I didn't shame/close it.
A note from hanz0:

I don't want to see people posting "nice tutorial +rep" all over the place. If you +rep'd it, then leave it at that. Don't post saying that you +rep'd it. That might just be construed as rep-farming on your part.

If you insist on posting, leave some sort of useful comment. Threads where the vast majority of replies are "nice tutorial +rep" are irritating and, now that I think of it, not very useful at all, if that's all anyone can come up with to say.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
A note from hanz0:

I don't want to see people posting "nice tutorial +rep" all over the place. If you +rep'd it, then leave it at that. Don't post saying that you +rep'd it. That might just be construed as rep-farming on your part.

If you insist on posting, leave some sort of useful comment. Threads where the vast majority of replies are "nice tutorial +rep" are irritating and, now that I think of it, not very useful at all, if that's all anyone can come up with to say.

You have NO IDEA how tempted I was to say "nice post +rep". Then I remembered I'm not a mod on this forum. ;_;
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
There's a fun new ban right now specifically for those who are whoring rep. It's getting its test run in Wibbles, and it looks to work fine. And proves the IQ of Wibbles.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Obscure, and everyone knows how to set up one of those.

Also, I didn't shame/close it.

thats not entirely true nathan
for example

i dont even know how to set up one of those xD

but i see what ur saying here.
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.
Originally Posted by Bloobing View Post
Yeah i accidentally posted there asking a question and now i have it too.

Is this an example of it working?
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg