Ranking
what's going on here? Do I have to read the last page to understand? I wont >:^(
maybe I will but I wont

edit: D&D and new members

I dont know shit about D&D so I'll kinda ignore it

about recruiting, getting "quality" new members those days are pretty difficult but I can share some experience I got from Vector, me and Karbn used to be the main "recruiters" there even though it was application only. First of all, Vector recognized we were in some kinda of "decadence" (not meaning we were dying but Vector gets slow at times), and we adopted a posture of:
"We will less likely be able to get only new members that fulfills our requirements, simply because almost all (if not all) good and active members are already in a clan."
Now, starting from this idea we lowered our "standards" (not really something I liked but always respected, it was the essence of the clan). We started accepting potential great members and worked on polishing their skill, as far as possible, so they could carry on with the clan (I was one of those).

That's pretty easy to understand though, here comes the other part, the proactive part
a good way to increase your chances to get a new member is simply by spreading your name around the community, and there are plenty of way of doing that. Me and Karbn were always trying to be active in game and on forums, playing with lots of different people and chatting with them, also mentioning how Vector was looking for members and encouraging participation etc.
Using a member as decoy is pretty fine too, in my opinion. Like, using a member's rep to carry the clan's tag and just give an overall visibility to your clan name (im not encouraging some shitty "clan merchandising" tho)
Vector got several applications in a short period of time comparing to the rest of its life, the only issue we had to deal with was little or non active members. This shit probably will happen a lot, but you cant ask a member to be a "quality" member AND active nowadays so, you need to encourage members to post more and you'll need luck too

I wrote too much
peace out
Last edited by Lionet; Mar 14, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
what's going on here? Do I have to read the last page to understand? I wont >:^(
maybe I will but I wont

edit: D&D and new members

I dont know shit about D&D so I'll kinda ignore it

about recruiting, getting "quality" new members those days are pretty difficult but I can share some experience I got from Vector, me and Karbn used to be the main "recruiters" there even though it was application only. First of all, Vector recognized we were in some kinda of "decadence" (not meaning we were dying but Vector gets slow at times), and we adopted a posture of:
"We will less likely be able to get only new members that fulfills our requirements, simply because almost all (if not all) good and active members are already in a clan."
Now, starting from this idea we lowered our "standards" (not really something I liked but always respected, it was the essence of the clan). We started accepting potential great members and worked on polishing their skill, as far as possible, so they could carry on with the clan (I was one of those).

That's pretty easy to understand though, here comes the other part, the proactive part
a good way to increase your chances to get a new member is simply by spreading your name around the community, and there are plenty of way of doing that. Me and Karbn were always trying to be active in game and on forums, playing with lots of different people and chatting with them, also mentioning how Vector was looking for members and encouraging participation etc.
Using a member as decoy is pretty fine too, in my opinion. Like, using a member's rep to carry the clan's tag and just give an overall visibility to your clan name (im not encouraging some shitty "clan merchandising" tho)
Vector got several applications in a short period of time comparing to the rest of its life, the only issue we had to deal with was little or non active members. This shit probably will happen a lot, but you cant ask a member to be a "quality" member AND active nowadays so, you need to encourage members to post more and you'll need luck too

I wrote too much
peace out

can't force activity. Nowadays, people don't really play the game. So getting people, post just won't work. Very little people check the forums.
|Proud founder of origin|
Clan Squad|Event Squad<Biggems|Simga|
Got a clan issue? How about a App? pm me!
Zeus for Smod| I’m a god just deal!
The Brazilian (Dog) Godfather
I wasnt paying attention to how much shit I was writing, sorry

but hey Zeus, im not talking about essentially forcing activity, and being like "new members WONT post so whatever" isnt a good attitude either! Be positive, look for people that seem to be cool and hope they'll get along in forum as well
of course it wont be this beautiful and people often will be forum inactive but maybe you guys can be luck and get 1 forum active member, at least that's some progress

Elite is there too, isnt him a new forum active member? That's great, right?

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wasnt paying attention to how much shit I was writing, sorry

but hey Zeus, im not talking about essentially forcing activity, and being like "new members WONT post so whatever" isnt a good attitude either! Be positive, look for people that seem to be cool and hope they'll get along in forum as well
of course it wont be this beautiful and people often will be forum inactive but maybe you guys can be luck and get 1 forum active member, at least that's some progress

Elite is there too, isnt him a new forum active member? That's great, right?

yeah. We will get there buddy. Thanks for the inspiration!
|Proud founder of origin|
Clan Squad|Event Squad<Biggems|Simga|
Got a clan issue? How about a App? pm me!
Zeus for Smod| I’m a god just deal!
The Brazilian (Dog) Godfather
Even if it takes us a while to get new people, we're decently active ourselves.
plus im here dumping you guys with my shit

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

plus im here dumping you guys with my shit

OwO & Origin merge when tbh
OwOrigin

Watch my Replays!