Ranking
Original Post
Mentioning System~
Got this idea from facebook , so my idea is that when your screen name is mentioned anywhere on the forum you'd receive a PM notifying you that <insert name> has mentioned you in <insert name of thread>. Also , a link to the thread would work perfectly.
To mention someone you'd simply have to type "@" in front of the person's name and a little box should appear . This feature has already been implemented in the forum as seen in send an item or sending tc.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
I think this is a great idea, becuase most times I forget what threads I have posted in or they get blasted by an amountof new threads and I cant find them anymore
I support
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Urgh I can imagine the abuse already.
That's just making everyone lazy and threads would be clogged with people saying "@whatshisface haha"
"@genericname lol"
And I really don't want my inbox getting swarmed with pointless pm's when I need to find something important.
And if its important they should pm each other in the first place.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
I think this is a great idea, becuase most times I forget what threads I have posted in or they get blasted by an amountof new threads and I cant find them anymore
I support

Use the subscription option, then.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by NinjaVodou View Post
Urgh I can imagine the abuse already.
That's just making everyone lazy and threads would be clogged with people saying "@whatshisface haha"
"@genericname lol"
And I really don't want my inbox getting swarmed with pointless pm's when I need to find something important.
And if its important they should pm each other in the first place.

Well obviously there'd also be a way to disable it or re-enable it at will.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
I can see this being used to an extremely annoying extent, mostly users pestering staff heavily. All in all it's no different from the suggestion that quotes deliver a notification which is suggested and shot down frequently.

There is no reason that this cannot be accomplished with a combination of PMs and the notification system that is already in place. I'm even aware that a number of users are in the habit of regularly performing searches on their own username. Between the three, it's pretty redundant.
Okay , well i see your point , i just thought this would be a nice thing to implement , but it seems that it's not , thanks anyway.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
But then again maybe they could be a different private message section for all of them
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
This is a great idea! because of all the threads I lose I know there is a subscribtion button but I don't want to have to sub to a lot of people :/