Toribash
Original Post
Censorship In In-Game Chat.
So many players have been abusing the game chat feature.if a Text Censor
would be installed in the chat box it would be better.
for instance if some one wants so say F**k it would be ****. or the user would get muted for 5 mins automatically.
i hope Team GM decide to put the feature in chatbox soo.

Originally Posted by box View Post
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=41218

It's terrible and isn't likely to work, but it exists.

Last edited by Fish; Mar 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
You can also mute the chat /chat 0 -turn off /chat 1-turn on
solves most problems
Bye bye toribash
Well, swearing has become a part of Multiplayer Toribash because the game tends to be frustrating and people can't help but let out those words. Even the guys with authority on Toribash do it so like everyone else is saying, get used to it brotha...

I support what Fenris said: If you're against swearing you shouldn't be playing Toribash, people rage, better get used to it.
a spoon.
Why censor cursing in a very bloody game where you can rip people apart?
Did you expect a good signature? Because this is the best I can do.
Everyone on the internet swears. Everyone. If you cannot live with that, get off the internet. Lol if you can't handle the swearing that goes on in chat, you shouldn't be playing a game that has blood spill everywhere and you can rip peoples heads off. In other words, if you don't like the swearing, leave

Not supported

And also, aren't you in a clan that cusses right in the name!? i think you may be just trolling here
VleniK|MrGarry|Fariz|Cerezo|Team America|
|Ethereal|RIP Source|
Maybe add an option for muting a specific player, only for your own pc.
/mute already is for totally muting a specific player, and can only be used be the ruler of the room, I guess.
The new option should be /silence [player name].
So if I for example type /silence SomeJack*ss, other players can still read his tekst, but I won't get annoyed by it.

It is not all about swearing, some people really try to communicate in-game. Sometimes spammers make this impossible.
Also don't tell people to deal with swearing and sh*t (not that I care), some people really can't take it for a specific reason (too young, some religion, etc).

Don't go "Ha! Geeeuuuy"-ing me for having respect for some people.
Toribash isn't for childs. I've seen many teens that swear, and it would suck when they get muted.
| [ToP] | Replays | YouTube Channel
Then don't mute them.
There are people like the one who suggested censorship, who have a problem with swearing. And I don't think it's that hard to add a command for not showing what one says, only for the one which uses the command.

And again, it's not only about censoring swearing, people also try to talk. When someone is spamming something like random lyrics while others are trying to talk and can't whisper because they are with more than two, it could come in handy to be able to mute the one spamming random lyrics.

I also don't care about swearing, but at least I understand why someone would suggest this.
well censorship is a good idea.it will solve mass ban.
ppl get banned for saying stuff,which they don't know what it means.
better to make it like **** when someone type an offensive word.
and a turn on and turn off buton is useless.
i mean it should be COMPULSORY.
like in multiplayer FPS games these days.
God no.

No it is not a good idea when about ALL of the ingame players cuss.

It's gonna take most of the chat up as all cuss (Pretty much) in Toribash.

And people don't get banned for saying things like "Fuck shit bitch" in a room unless the op was getting annoyed.
mindless machine
Originally Posted by jigyansu View Post
well censorship is a good idea.it will solve mass ban.
ppl get banned for saying stuff,which they don't know what it means.

I don't think there's ever been a mass ban just because of swearing...