Toribash
I would suppose his theory is that, while it's only a fraction bigger, it's a litttle bit more room to work... yet, with minimal loss. Not a particularly bad idea.
A crazy thing, i have the last example head, the one with earth, in my shop for sale.
Sorry i didnt know that. XD
"that head is badass"
I think there should be a rule that previews must be at 128X128

i always worked in that, now im forced to make them 256X256 cos the previews are better.
... ...
Yeah, I'm suspecting that the two heads toriboomer has been trying to sell may have had trouble due to their size. It just seems that attention is more drawn to 256x256 heads, and the regular sized heads now tend to look to small.
Also, I sometimes read comments such as "Its amazing how sharp that set is" or something along those lines. What disturbs me is that the set was shown in 512x512 which would be able to seem far cleaner than 128x128.
Even resizing some of my heads from 256^2 loses so much sharpness. I fear what 512^2 would do. The thing is, sharpness would affect all types of textures. Detail would affect mainly realistic type heads with more parts, but this is the same for everything.
I guess you can compare it to some stairs. Suppose a stairway has 32 steps. Now image the same length being covered by just 8. When you view it when zooming in, the one with 8 would stop looking diagonal four times as fast while the one with 32 will still appear so.
This really makes a difference in closeup shots of texture sets. :/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
so the message of this thread is:

quality loss when we downgrade from 512x512 to 128x128.

and also bigger previews get more attention, but lose quality, so arent always better.

so lets do something about it! i say either uniform preview size [not nessecarily 128x128 but UNIFORM], or bigger txts ingame.

For Requests: we all know that the sets with bigger res previews look way better, but when downsized and after the cash has gone across the table another entry with 128 previews may be the better option for the buyer. uniform preview sizes = fair competition.

for all textures i do [not all that many, so far], ive always used only 128x128 previews but on requests, people with larger previews have a huge advantage. i find myself forced to play the trick so many play of previewing large and selling small. it isnt fair for buyers, honestly: why show them something theyre not actually getting. its straight up deceptive. lets not continue this...

UNIFORM SIZE FTW!

just my take
fr3styler
Textures may lose quality when resized
I am not against the standardizing of previews (ie, all previews must be in 128x128 unless it is specifically requested at a higher resolution). That is, however, Hanz0's call... as is all activity on the market. He's the bawss.
Hanz0?

standard 128x128? you could back it up with your pro banlazors...
fr3styler
I'm somewhat loathe to standardize all head previews.
I'll consider, however, putting a cap on the size that people are allowed to preview at.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
thatd work just as well

assuming its lower than say....512? [since this thread is pointing out just how BIG 512 is]
fr3styler