Toribash
Original Post
Perks
Perks should be added to the game. They can only be used in rooms that allow perks and only people with higher belts should be able to use them. Probably 5-6th Dan and up. You're only allow to have one perk equipped at a time, and you can change them out on the website. Only people with perks would be able to fight in perk enabled rooms.

Perks will be set at a Reasonable Price so that anyone who meets the Qi requirements can get one. This is so that the insanely rich are not the only ones who have access to this feature and at the same time it can act as a tc sink.

Now the perks I'm talking about are not game breaking. Nothing like Instagib feet or Increasing the overall speed of your tori. I'm talking about perks that bring a tactical advantage.

Examples:
  • Invisible - When activated, it turns your Tori and your ghost invisible for one turn. You can still get hit and dq'ed. Players in the queue will also be unable to see your Tori and ghost while this perk is activated.
  • Body of Steel - Increases the dm threshold of your Tori for one turn. Can still get fractured and your opponent still can get points.
  • Boost - Gives your Tori a little push in the direction the head is facing. Little being the key word here.
  • Precision Timing - Halt the Timer at any point in match for a 5 second window to alter your Tori. Once used, you cannot move your Tori for the next turn. This can only be activated once per match.

I feel that these perks are balanced enough to the point where each of them do not offer a significant disadvantage to either player. Precision Timing is the one where I can see people having problems with, however, the fact that the player who uses it cannot move for one whole turn afterwards can benefit the victim more-so than the actual user.

Anyway these are just suggested perks. They can be changed in which ever way possible for all I care. I'm just using them to give an example of what I think perks should be.

I already understand the reason behind leaving Power Ups and the like out of the game already. "White belts should be able to stand on equal grounds with a God Belt." I'm not disagreeing with that. However, why can't higher belts enjoy a little something extra amongst themselves for playing longer?

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by DaNooB23; Feb 7, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
They can only be used in rooms that allow perks and only people with higher belts should be able to use them. Probably 5-6th Dan and up.

Imagine a Green Belt playing against a 7th Dan Black Belt. The 7th Dan prepares to punch on the first turn and the Green Belt tries to kick the opponent. The Dan uses the Invisibility, and the Green belt is in trouble. The 7th Dan punches him and DQ's him in 50 frames.
Not supported, or just lower the needed QI for that item.
| [ToP] | Replays | YouTube Channel
Originally Posted by mikee75 View Post
Imagine a Green Belt playing against a 7th Dan Black Belt. The 7th Dan prepares to punch on the first turn and the Green Belt tries to kick the opponent. The Dan uses the Invisibility, and the Green belt is in trouble. The 7th Dan punches him and DQ's him in 50 frames.
Not supported, or just lower the needed QI for that item.

The rooms where perks are allowed would be Qi restricted.

-snip-

Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
This will end up like Call of Duty where people make OP "classes", or combinations of perks. Then everyone will end up using the same setup, and it'll ruin the fun of the game.

Everyone who can have perks are restricted to one equipped perk at a time.
Last edited by suomynona; Aug 19, 2012 at 02:21 AM.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
The rooms where perks are allowed would be Qi restricted.

Yes, but people would abuse it on tourneys, even if it's useable only one time.

suo says: This really isn't a very good post, but since people seem to be ignoring this: It wouldn't be ALLOWED in tourney rooms in the first place, stop bringing up tourney rooms as example, and PLEASE read the rules about contributing posts.
Last edited by suomynona; Aug 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
| [ToP] | Replays | YouTube Channel
Originally Posted by karolk666 View Post
Still, it's extremely overpowered, and would gain an unfair advantage. Toribash is about skill, not who has more items that win your fight.

It isn't an unfair advantage when everyone has access to each of the perks available. I already understand that not everyone will fall in love with perks/want to play with them, which is why I said they should be restricted to rooms where perks are allowed. You can avoid 'Perk rooms' if you choose to do so.

Also, everyone can use only one perk per match. You can't buy your way to victory with this suggestion.

Originally Posted by karolk666 View Post
Everyone's tori is equal, and that's how it is supposed to be.

That's how it's supposed to be? Why not try something new for a change?

---

Honestly, I just feel that players would be more excited about Toribash if they find out that once they reached a certain belt, they could have access to more than just another color.
Bump.

Old suggestion but I would still love to see it implemented.

Any new opinions on the subject?
Not supported because I always thought toribash was a game that only went on personal skill.

Like everything is the same, joints all do the same, and it's only the person behind them that matters.
What Dupbock said.

Also, perks seem too much like COD, and less like the game Toribash is; one where you gain respect and skill through work or pure talent. It's like the entire idea behind the game. Also, this has been suggested hundreds of times before, I wouldn't really want to see it implemented.

Represent
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I just see this as another modding option, which is great. It'll give the experienced players something else to do instead of rage over having to defend kicklifts or chase runners all day.

Also, Why are do people have such a hard-on for fair matches even when mods like violenceperfected, that stupid ukayden event,and onesidedinstagib exist? Hell, even some of the tourney mods have odd inequalities just because of how the toris are built.

Shooting down decisions that my allow this game to evolve are not going help at all.

Honestly, I just feel that players would be more excited about Toribash if they find out that once they reached a certain belt, they could have access to more than just another color.

Last edited by LagSwitch; Feb 5, 2014 at 02:22 AM.
NOODLE ARMS
lol you want to toribash turned into RPG?
Last edited by Potion01; Feb 6, 2014 at 02:29 PM.