ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[TEX] Another robot head, heavily WIP (update #4)
Hello here it is:

Quite a lot to do as you can see, here are the basics only.

Programs used: Photoshop.
Last edited by Pate5; Mar 28, 2016 at 05:12 PM.
Texturing tutorial
No requests please
Welcome back, old schooler o7
This looks quite nice as a sketch, the only thing that needs editing is the top sides as it currently seems kinda empty.
Can't wait to see your next wip. Good luck
Hi! Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you like it. And yeah, it's the eternal problem with the top part of the head, always gonna get at least a bit warped. I'll try to put something there.

Here I'm starting to do some basic painting:

Tell me what you think about it guys!
Texturing tutorial
No requests please
nice to see you back pate.

your shading has improved a bunch , especially from this

you can fix the warp somewhat by using polar coordinates (not sure how to on photoshop) but in gimp it goes something like polar coordinates ; map to the top

really looking forward to the finished project
damn im gettin old
I know about the polar coordinates trick but for some reason I'm never able to get the top just right. Last update for tonight, added the air filters or whatever they are and tweaked the colored plates a bit.

See you tomorrow I guess!
Texturing tutorial
No requests please
Interesting, reminds me of BumbleBee from Transfomers. I really like your work so I will definitely buy this if it is ever up for sale. Can't wait to see more!
I am just an icon livin'
It's so hard to see anything because I need a magnifying glass. A flat would help me give opinions if that's what your actually after. Other than that it looks like a robot.
The design and the eyes looks really amazing so far, but I just can't get over that brownish color you're using, I personally hate it and think you should go with a different color. Though thats just my own opinion.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Watermark us a flat and give us bigger images to drool over, looks great so far!
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]