Ranking
Original Post
Final Fantasy, Absolutely legendary? Or completely ridiculous?
What are your thoughts on the series?
I think that the first 6 games were a waste of time. From 7 onwards they became enjoyable.
man i played FF1thoFF10 not counting the spinoffs that i played i find all of the story lines good not saying FF1 and FF2 told you at the start what to do but it was good
Anime United
Well Final Fantasy VIII was legend when it got out and it still is - I actuly play it sometimes

but all after that (excluding IX what I haven't played) are somehow just stupid, they somehow lost the spirit.
[Sigma]
And the second largest penis in animal kindom
No Final Fantasy was a completely bad game.

The first 6 games were NOT wastes of time. FFVI is what I consider the best FF so far. Good plot, cool characters, classic gameplay... nothing wrong with it.

FFVII had lame characterization, but it had good graphics, and an O.K. story. Gameplay, eh, can't really rate that with an average time-bar system.

FFVIII was one of the best, too, in my opinion, because of the EVEN BETTER graphics, clearly one of the PSX's best. Good characterization, and a good story until the 4th disc, where everything becomes a sudden mind fuck and the story kind of loses sense. The lack of MP made me cringe, but the magic system was fun. It also had the best mini-game on the FF series so far, Triple Triad.

FFIX... never played it, to be honest, and I should, sometime.

FFX, again, one of the best Final Fantasies. Great graphics, great story, the characters are withstandable, the gameplay has a twist, with a new system, which surprisingly is more strategic than the old combat systems, and it works in the game.

(FFX-2 was a great game for the gameplay itself, and a few enjoyable characters. The plot is nothing short of awful, but the gameplay saves it from a bad rating.)

FFXI, it's an online title, can't really rate it, seeing as I never played it.

FFXII... I enjoyed the combat system, I couldn't be arsed to complete the story because it was waaaaaay too boring and lame. Most of the characters are easily forgotten, and they aren't that mentally deep, in my honest opinion. Ivalice is a wonderful world, though, and they got the graphics going for them. The gameplay is also very good, but the story is lackluster.

As far as soundtracks go, they're all pretty much amazing.

So... yeah, I consider Final Fantasy a legendary series, not to take credit away from Chrono Cross/Trigger, which are also amazing games.
Last edited by RedDevil; Aug 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
You state a valid point. But I still think that the story lines of 1-6 are slow, a little too far fetched, and drawn out.
But we all have our own opinions.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
FFVII had lame characterization, but it had good graphics, and an O.K. story. Gameplay, eh, can't really rate that with an average time-bar system.

I thoroughly enjoyed the feel and atmosphere of the story, the materia system was pretty cool too. Setting it up so that your character can have an element all his own and whatnot. It's extremely overrated though, so the fanbase consists mainly of Wapanese who wouldn't know a JRPG if it tataku'd their honto kawaii chisaii mankos.

FFIX... never played it, to be honest, and I should, sometime.

Meh, not really any noticeable changes IMO. There was that Chocobo Forest thing, but I can't even remember what it was about for some reason.

FFXII... I enjoyed the combat system, I couldn't be arsed to complete the story because it was waaaaaay too boring and lame. Most of the characters are easily forgotten, and they aren't that mentally deep, in my honest opinion. Ivalice is a wonderful world, though, and they got the graphics going for them. The gameplay is also very good, but the story is lackluster.

XII was complete garbage. The main character who ironically no one liked was too much of a vagina to even be the obligatory spiky-haired youngster world-saving hero. The secondary characters pushed him out of the story completely. It wasn't even his adventure, it's just you playing as some annoying, failed comic relief twat along for the ride.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]