Toribash
Original Post
Gaming Elitists
So how many of these people did you have to deal with?
At another college I used to attend, I had the privilege of playing with some Brawl elitists. Since I was new to the game, the shit talking against me was very heavy. God forbid I not know how epic they were at the game. I got a few wins, but there was always some excuse tied to my victories. "I wasn't ready," "The sun was in my eyes," "I picked Jigglypuff!!11onwere." ect.

I have encountered so many elitists for every game I've played it would be tl;dr to tell every story in the first post. Also; share yours.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you've ever seen the World of Warcraft forums you'll see it's full of the most stuck-up elitist dicks you'll ever meet in online gaming.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Try playing Crysis Wars online. God forbid if you headshot a pro when you're new.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

*kick*
infamous
Originally Posted by Guv_na View Post
So how many of these people did you have to deal with?
At another college I used to attend, I had the privilege of playing with some Brawl elitists. Since I was new to the game, the shit talking against me was very heavy. God forbid I not know how epic they were at the game. I got a few wins, but there was always some excuse tied to my victories. "I wasn't ready," "The sun was in my eyes," "I picked Jigglypuff!!11onwere." ect.

I have encountered so many elitists for every game I've played it would be tl;dr to tell every story in the first post. Also; share yours.

And that's why I only play brawl, or melee with my friends. My brother's friends got all.... ya, as you say, made up excuses etc.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
I was playing soldierfront, am a brig gen. and was running around with a desperado shotty and a PSG. My whole team was dead and they had 6 people left. 4 Walked into a room where i was hiding, and HS'd all of them in 1 shot by the desperado. Got yelled at for "wallhacking, aimbotting and shothacking". Then while i was reloading, this guy walks in, and starts shooting me with an mp5, i instantly switch weapons, and no-scope him with the psg. I set the bomb and proceed to hide behind a truck. This guy shoots me in the head, not realising i have a helm, and says "I GOT EM! I GOT EM, wait, why didnt he die!?! OMFFG TANKZOR HACKER!"@!"@!"@!" As he comes to defuse the bomb, i blew chunks out of his head with the desperado, and yet again get proclaimed a hacker and kicked after the game.
When playing Halo, Brawl, DDR, or Guitar Hero with gaming elitists at my old college, it would usually go something like:

:Mild trash talking
:Heavier trash talking
:Personal insults
:Completely and utterly spitting on and disrespecting anyone who isn't good at the game.
(A lot of the time, this would linger after the game was long over.)
Last edited by Guv_na; Aug 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, I don't really game all that much with my friends, or anyone IRL. When I have, I haven't met any elitist fucks.

Until I went on my trip to America...
Holy crap, my 8 yo cousin is the biggest dick you'll ever see. He goes with all the classic 'I wasn't ready's, 'I went easy's and the 'I chose a crap character'. He laughs like a freakin' hyena at me when I lose to him just cos he's 8, and even if I've never played the game before. He starts whining and crying when I say 'No you weren't' when he uses one of his lines.
And that act doesn't just go on with gaming (Wii counts as that, right?)
That shit act follows him everywhere. The first thing he ever said to me was 'I hate Australians'. What the fuck. I haven't even done anything yet. We were camping somewhere near Yosemite when he said this. Me and like, 7 other people were playing with this, Trak-ball thing, cos apparently you need a really big spoon thingy to throw and catch a ball. Some guy threw way far over my head and like, 10 metres in front me, while it's just like 2 metres behind him. And he asks me to get the ball. I say that you're closer to it and that he should get it, and he's all like 'This is why I hate Australians'. What the fuck.

Sorry, I got a little off topic there. I really hate that little cunt.
I'm not saying all Americans are like this though, it was just him.
My friend is a gaming elitist in GH.

Anyone who doesn't play any song on expert is a fuckhead and should die.
He's really cool.
lol
There are elitists in anything you can think of. Best behaviour is to pretend it doesn't happen, because they mostly refuse to change.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Best behaviour is to pretend it doesn't happen, because they mostly refuse to change.

Fuck, really?
All those blows to the head gone to waste.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.