Ranking
Original Post
Time To Jump - Flipping contest .: 5,000 tc :.
Here you should post your replays about your flips, jumps and/or spins. The most amazing one wins. The winner gets at least 5,000 toricredits, it may rise later on.

Rules:

- only gravity mods are allowed besides default.tbm
- no dancing replays
- no madman replays

Tips:

- combos mean a + for you
- high gravity mod means a + for you
- the more your moves look like the real ones, the more chance you have to win

Notes:

- If you post a replay with custom gravity, include the .tbm file too.
- You might not do combos, you might use low gravity mod and it could still be awesome, so don't hold yourselves back, send 'em replays!

Contest ends: ended
Last edited by TheProphet; Aug 22, 2007 at 04:14 AM. Reason: contest over
I'm off to work on some now!

(It helps I'm a breakdancer, so I know which muscles to move in the right order for the flips, even if it is hard to translate to Toribash.)
  1. Alright, my first one is here, two consecutive back handsprings, using sambo mod. (The front flip at the end is to get me in a good ending position.
  2. Second, is a 180 front flip, that is to say, a front flip with a half twist, once again with sambo.
  3. My third one is a 180 back flip (a back tuck with a half twist), still using sambo.
  4. Keeping with sambo, my fourth is a 360 extended front flip, or a layout front somersault with a full twist.
  5. Okay, my fifth is a back gainer (front flip while moving backwards) to a gainer (back flip while moving forwards) to a front handspring, to a barrel roll.
  6. Sixth, with sambo, a 540 twist to suicide, as breakdancers call it, or one and a half twists and a 3/4 front flip landing in a back drop position, to trampoliners.
  7. Abstract 1, doesn't resemble any real moves, but a bit more combo fluidity.
  8. Abstract 2, same deal with 1.
  9. I call this FlipFlipMadness, the title says it all. A back tuck, a back tuck, and... Madness! You can see the energy building up as the replay goes on, the first back flip I manage, the second, I don't jump much, and pull it off easily, and the third was so powerful to avoid flipping another 1/2 I had to give it a (gasp) full twist! After that, around frame 105, I dispose of the excess energy by punching the ground, Had this been real life, I would have shattered every bone in my hand and fractured my wrist. Had uke been under me, I 'spect uke would have 'sploded.
Expect more realistic replays from me soon. I tried using a low gravity mod, but it just doesn't cut it for me, I'm a but more comfortable with the stable flips of sambo mod, so all of my replays are in sambo.
Attached Files
BH 4FlipContest.rpl (78.2 KB, 52 views)
180FF_4FlipContest.rpl (122.8 KB, 39 views)
180BF_4FlipContest.rpl (98.6 KB, 26 views)
360EFF_4FlipContest.rpl (90.2 KB, 20 views)
BGGFHBR_4FlipContest.rpl (106.8 KB, 30 views)
540TS_4FlipContest.rpl (64.8 KB, 21 views)
abstractcombo_4FlipContest.rpl (113.0 KB, 20 views)
abstractcombo2_4FlipContest.rpl (124.9 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by cayal; Aug 16, 2007 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Madness replay added
<3 MBK :D
Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
- only gravity mods are allowed besides default.tbm
- no dancing replays Um... huh?
- no madman replays

So, we have to damage Uke as well, or what?
JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST
Originally Posted by DaMehMan View Post
So, we have to damage Uke as well, or what?

No dancing means I don't want to see breakdancing replays. This contest is about flips. You are allowed to hit uke, but it's not a necessity. I can't show you an example right now, maybe later on today.
Okay, thanks.
This is borderline between flipping and breakdancing, but I think it's great anywho.
Attached Files
DMM FlipComp1.rpl (192.9 KB, 41 views)
JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST
Here are mine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Files
ass decap.rpl (63.3 KB, 23 views)
head decap.rpl (67.8 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by ronalds; Aug 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM.
here is my only... i dont think im gonna win, but it doesnt hurt trying!
Attached Files
gymnastics.rpl (28.6 KB, 21 views)
Crest1990 "If she gives you something i want half of it"
UKESLICER "I call a third!"
Crest1990 "You cant get a third! I get one half and he gets one half"
UKESLICER "I get half of your half"
Crest1990 "No you cant!"
UKESLICER "If its a brain you can have it cuz you need it"
Crest1990 "No i got one last christmas"
UKESLICER "From who?" "And dont say its me"
like 0.1 seconds later
Crest1990 "You!"
UKESLICER "..... lol"
Here's my entry. I added a nice end pose if that helps :P
Last edited by Esse; Mar 31, 2008 at 05:05 PM.