Toribash
Original Post
Buying a laptop.
K guys, i need a laptop.
I have just under 1 grand to shell on it, but obviously the more wallet-friendly the better. Looking for something versatile and reliable.

So if you know what's good in 2010, post. Likewise, any good laptop-review site links are welcome.
Both.
It's highly unlikely I will be playing crysis 2 on it or anything like that, but i still want it to have a good video card and a processor - as long as it's within a budget.
Get the new mac, im saving up for it.
You don't have to worry about viruses.
bring back wibbles
Gateway nv53. Comes with an ati radeon 4550 I believe and an amd turion 2.2 ghz.

Buuut, http://www.dell.com/content/products...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
He said in a budget. ._. Try going for a Lenovo 3000 n200 they are quite cheap and can run quite a lot of games, not so much gaming but yeh. :/
Breaking rules is bad
mx11 is 799 dollars bro.

Nv53 is about 600
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Originally Posted by Reanimator View Post
Get the new mac, im saving up for it.
You don't have to worry about viruses.

He said he wants to play games on it.

Anywho: Try newegg.com. They have a search function that can narrow it to almost exactly what you want.

As for the gaming: Try getting at least a dual-core CPU, 2 gigs of ram, and a GeForce 9800.
i liek turtelz xd
Originally Posted by fistfury View Post
mx11 is 799 dollars bro.

Nv53 is about 600

Yeah, but if you get something that is actually worthwhile its about 1,500.

According to my subscription to PC gamer, a Sager 7762, a decent laptop from my standards, is exactly what you need. It even says it has a built in fingerprint scanner! Could probably keep your files safe with that one...

Check it out: http://www.pctorque.com/sager-7762-gaming-computers.php

Id recommend getting 4Gb ram, 500 Gb 5400 RPM Harddrive, and windows 7 Home premium, totaling of for $997.10!

Good luck with your purchases!