Toribash
Original Post
Programmers - What do you think about kids?
Hi. I'm a teenager.
I'm not a great at computers, but i understand how they really work, how to write sites and software.
An I'm angry to other teenagers.

As you know, computers and Internet went to our live. Today, (I think) we have two main groups of users who makes Internet like it is now. Programmers (or others, like Designers etc.) and at most, children.
Have you got mad every time when you hear : ,,My son is so great! He can't read yet, but he can click Play button!"? I have. Have you get mad when your friends (I talk about situation when you are teenager) can't understand the simplest things of real computer world, but they said they can play games and it's okay? I know no-everybody have to know computers well, but i'm scared what will happend in future. Almost every teenager uses computer to play games and chat now. Machines like PC will be important in future. But who will do new things for them, provide new technology things if our young children won't learn how it works? PC lessons? Forget, lesson like ,,How to change deskop'', won't help.
How we can stop that?
I understand what you mean here, but, for instance, I am 14, and I am interested in computers in alot of ways, art, coding, social use etc. and I am sure many others are like me.

I doubt there will ever be a shortage of people like me, as everyone has their own tastes
Diversity is diverse. There are those who are, and many more who are not.

You must be one who is, while most of us are probably not. Roll with it. You're either taking care of yourself, or you're taking care of someone else, and 9/10 when you're taking care of yourself, so is someone else.
He's not "Suicide Do" if he's not banned!
Okay, here we go.
For example me, 13-years old: I'am interested in these things too, as i wrote. But for be honest, i can't write something what really matters. And i know i won't ever do that. In Poland, there's no place where somebody teach that. I think i have luck, because i know there are somewhere advanced things like CSS ;-). But normal children won't know this becuse nobody let them learn this. And they, yea will know how to use Excel, but they won't ever hear about advanced things. I know, i can't tell everybody they have to be same as me. But actual situation makes me angry. I think i'm angry because i like computers, but i haven't -in- strenght to learn more and make me different of all others.
Last edited by Ewe; May 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM.
Originally Posted by Ewe View Post
Okay, here we go.
For example me, 13-years old: I'am interested in these things too, as i wrote. But for be honest, i can't write something what really matters. And i know i won't ever do that. In Poland, there's no place where somebody teach that. I think i have luck, because i know there are somewhere advanced things like CSS ;-). But normal children won't know this becuse nobody let them learn this. And they, yea will know how to use Excel, but they won't ever hear about advanced things. I know, i can't tell everybody they have to be same as me. But actual situation makes me angry. I think i'm angry because i like computers, but i haven't -in- strenght to learn more and make me different of all others.

I think you, i think we all, should teach people our skills, if they are willing to learn.
He's not "Suicide Do" if he's not banned!
Originally Posted by Bilza View Post
I understand what you mean here

I don't, trying to read this level of Engrish hurts my brain (especially at night). If someone would kindly post this in an easier to read format I'd be happy to reply usefully.
:D
I'll do american-style bulletin points:

- Ewe starting off with saying that kids these days generally spend too much time on the computer without actually learning anything useful on it. This could, he prophesies, lead to a sort of collapse in technology in the future.

- ynsaver states that the few people who still are there to code and sh1t like that are enough for the sustainment of said technology and keeping progress.

- Bliza points out that the people who do sh1t are not a small minority, agrees with ynsaver.

- Bastardphoenix agrees, states that computers aren't the only way to help people/keep progress in technology.

- Ewe feels useless on the computer.

- Bastardphoenix replies, saying that education is the key to making future generations advance tech.

- I respond by implying that the root of the problem lies in consumer culture.

- qoo-guy agrees with bastardphoenix

- post modern reply by blam
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'