Ranking
Yes. I haven't explored too deeply in to the depths of black metal but here's some of my favorites.

Ulver's distinct mix of folk lores and black metal is great.

One of the most underrated BM bands out there. btw The logo is one ugly mofo.

I can't get the youtube link to work sooo: Darkspace-3.12

One of the spiritual precursors of black metal, somewhat overshadowed by Venom.

Classic, some hate it some love it. I personally think the production style on Transilvian hunger is great.

Great song from one of the greatest live albums of all time. OF ALL TIME!
Last edited by DaBandito; May 11, 2010 at 09:25 AM.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Hmmm, that intro to The Freezing Moon when he says When It's Dark and the other stuff goes perfectly well with almost any black metal intro.

Darkthrone is bad ass

This one here isn't really black metal, but it's on Darkthrones first album.
vvv

Last edited by T0ribush; May 12, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
I wouldn't go as far as to call all black metal songs Heavy Metal. Seriously, some of it is pure black metal of its own.

Sorry, but it's truuueee.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Is not. It's so not true that Lich King is a joke band and shouldn't be taken serious in any context like Dethklok.
The riffs are cool in the song, except that black metal riff sucks ass.

Also Black Metal is old school as I was listening to the song he says "were from the 80s were old school" (Untrue) They fancy themselves oldschool. The end of the song is BAD black metal. The rest is a good song.
Black Metal riffs suck? Well thats subjective and depends on the band.
Anyway, here are some of my favs, excluding some that have been posted already on this topic

Barathrum
Catamenia
Dorotha
Enslavement of Beauty
Impaled Nazarene
Limbonic Art
Moonspell
Rigid Horns
Sun Of The Sleepless (black metal + trip hop fusion = epic)
Trollech

Some vids:

value="http://www.youtube.com/v/piZ2LK_rieM&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/piZ2LK_rieM&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by GenkiSudo; May 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi