Toribash
Original Post
+Selling Art? textures etc
hello toribash community. im an artist and also a potter, im really creative and ive noticed that people have been selling heads and texture sets.

i read most of the rules on it and i would like to conclude, please give me some suggestions and tell me if i get the right idea.

so let me get this straight, i can make any texture on photoshop, or hand draw it and sell it for however much i want?

do i need to buy a head texture each time i make one? or do i just design a picture and email it to somone for tc?

it said i cant sell the same head more then once, so dose this mean after i sell a head, i cant use it? and i cant resell it anymore?

i have alot of ideas, and my style is very modern and sleek, i think i could do good here, im just wondering how to get started.

Also. how do i sell textures specifically?
and what is a normal price range for a head texture, if people like my stuff i would sell for the bare minimum.

mmm, one more thing, can i make a 512x512 type of head? and sell that for more? or is 120x120 the same as in selling?

so basically doing this is just earning free tc for your art?

thank you i openley appreciate any replys.
Originally Posted by pdxdubin View Post

so let me get this straight, i can make any texture on photoshop, or hand draw it and sell it for however much i want?

do i need to buy a head texture each time i make one? or do i just design a picture and email it to somone for tc?

Yes. You can sell the texture as low or high as you want. Remember though, that people will try to haggle you for a lower price and depending on the actual quality of your head texture, no one will buy it if you price it too high.

You can make a head texture without the actual item in Ronalds guide to unleashing your custom folder.

Originally Posted by pdxdubin
it said i cant sell the same head more then once, so dose this mean after i sell a head, i cant use it? and i cant resell it anymore?

i have alot of ideas, and my style is very modern and sleek, i think i could do good here, im just wondering how to get started.

Also. how do i sell textures specifically?
and what is a normal price range for a head texture, if people like my stuff i would sell for the bare minimum.

mmm, one more thing, can i make a 512x512 type of head? and sell that for more? or is 120x120 the same as in selling?

so basically doing this is just earning free tc for your art?

thank you i openley appreciate any replys.

Also, yes. Once you sell the head, you can't resell it UNLESS you buy it again from the original buyer. You can compare it to copyrights, etc.

You can sell textures here Just create a thread and follow the auction/selling rules, etc.

Yes. You'll get free TC once you sell your art. No taxes, etc.

Depends on you. You can sell at different price ranges at different sizes such as 128x128, 256x256 or even 512x512 textures.

Anymore questions, just ask. ;)
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

You can also try my tutorial for changing joint colors for screenshots located here. Good luck with your texturing career on Toribash pdxdublin, I'll look forward to seeing your work =].
im going to draw some pictures, and submit them, i want to see if anyone finds my styling appealing, once i get into the basic layout, ill start texturing on photoshop and adding color.

ill submit here, please give some good critisisms

Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
Yes. You can sell the texture as low or high as you want. Remember though, that people will try to haggle you for a lower price and depending on the actual quality of your head texture, no one will buy it if you price it too high.

You can make a head texture without the actual item in Ronalds guide to unleashing your custom folder.

Also, yes. Once you sell the head, you can't resell it UNLESS you buy it again from the original buyer. You can compare it to copyrights, etc.

You can sell textures here Just create a thread and follow the auction/selling rules, etc.

Yes. You'll get free TC once you sell your art. No taxes, etc.

Depends on you. You can sell at different price ranges at different sizes such as 128x128, 256x256 or even 512x512 textures.

Anymore questions, just ask. ;)

that link you posted, i have all of the texture sets.

what i meant is, do i need to buy like 10 head textures for 20k tc to sell 10 head textures? or am i just selling the actuall picture by itself?
Last edited by Aspire; Jun 12, 2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Double posting
Originally Posted by pdxdubin View Post
that link you posted, i have all of the texture sets.

what i meant is, do i need to buy like 10 head textures for 20k tc to sell 10 head textures? or am i just selling the actuall picture by itself?

You don't have to own the actual item to make or sell the textures. You just draw it and sell the flat pic.
Originally Posted by LWafflez View Post
You don't have to own the actual item to make or sell the textures. You just draw it and sell the flat pic.

thanks, ill post some pictures of what i plan to do, check back, i want some oppinions
Okay. If you want professional criticism or opinions, go here.
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
Okay. If you want professional criticism or opinions, go here.

okaii

there just gona be sketches