Toribash
Original Post
General discussion thread with implemented title length expansion ooga booga squooga
saying things and I like long thread titles and I also feel like having a thread for posting things which just don't fit anywhere else.

Ok so first of all, that place where we discuss and create eventy things has only hosted 1.5 events so far. It's not getting much attention and I think we could do a little better. What I propose is that it gets shifted to the clan events board, and opened up to all council members, gamemasters and smods. In the hope that it gets a bit more attention.

At least, I feel the way we run events should be revised cause it's a tad loose at the moment.

Also I wanted to bring up zinx's new rule.
No repetition of organizations, if a new one has the same purpose as one that is still active, it will be closed.

I don't think it's an issue really, if two people are making the same org, one of them usually dies pretty quickly anyway. However people's motives can be rather stupid for making two of the same orgs. I don't think it's worth making a rule about it.
Last edited by Fish; Feb 18, 2011 at 06:52 AM.
agreed on all points, discussion for the last one

not necessarily the same org, just the same purpose, I guess?
I dunno, it can't hurt to have.
I agree with the first points.

As for Zinx's org rule. I think it is fine.
If a new org were to be made with the same purpose as a currently active org. The new org should be closed as there is no point in having basically duplicate orgs.

However, if a new org were to be made with the same purpose as a currently inactive org. The inactive org should be closed, and the newer one can replace it.

Comprendo?
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks
We've got 5 different official art orgs, it's never even been a problem once. I really have no idea why we can't have two of the same orgs.

I think we're better off just leaving it as it is. The only time we should intervene is when a problem arises from having two similar orgs.
I like the rule, at least make a few exceptions to leave it up as it perhaps will be necessary in the future.
In that case we would be removing the org due it not meeting the requirements. Not because it's similar to another org.

I'm opposed to any rule which will lead to perfectly good orgs being shut down. If we have to make exceptions for this rule, then lets rewrite it to get what we're actually targeting, the "chill" orgs. I used to have outside as the chill org, and yeah it doesn't work.
Last edited by Fish; Feb 19, 2011 at 06:55 AM.
Tell me how it would not help if given the case two orgs with the same purpose for example, "Osu! players & Osu! masters" "Runners leauge & Trickers blabla" or any other very similar org to another one.

The art schools / orgs may be the only case fitting to your argument, at least the only I can see.

Originally Posted by Fish View Post
In that case we would be removing the org due it not meeting the requirements. Not because it's similar to another org.

In that case go remove OSHI's board and delete BISH's thread.