Toribash
Original Post
[REL] New Standup Mod (Easy Standing Stance)
Hello everyone, after some tests, I am releasing the official StandUp mod. It will allow realistic matches where keeping a stand up stance will be relatively easy.

The key elements:

- The left foot is very heavy, so it serves as an anchor. By using the left ankle, knee, leg, and glute, you can quickly comeback to a standup position and continue fighting.
This also keeps the 2 players at a fighting range.

-The turn frame resembles the aikido structure. It means that you can quickly adjust to a rush attack at the beginning, and then the turns are longer.

-There is no grab. This way we get a cleaner match with more powerful blows.

This mod has tremendous multiplayer possibilities, as the matches are exciting throughout the whole match, and allow the best player to achieve higher score or comeback from an early blow.

You will find attached a replay showing what can be done (of course its pretty basic, so let me see what you can do :P . The mod is attached as well.

Hopefully we'll see you for some rounds on the server!

Blap
Attached Images
Capture.JPG (40.1 KB, 78 views)
Attached Files
_standup_demoi.rpl (46.6 KB, 81 views)
standup.tbm (217 Bytes, 103 views)
Last edited by Blap; Mar 18, 2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Official release of the mod
All you need is love.
wow i like your style , good idea with the anchor foot . I wouldnt reduce the foot to a square , just leave it normal to give the realizm look . Now how heavy is the anchor foot ? Are you still able to lift the foot with out falling fowards ? if not i recomend finding that balance point while still being able to stand back up .

Give the chest rotation alittle strength so when u kick or punch , it has some speed to it .

as for the matchframes , i suggest either 10,20 or 10,15 . frames that go quickly usualy have certian moves you have to do( like judo ) so keep it low so players can improvise in a match

cant wait for this to be released lol GOOD JOB

oh and you can change the axis of the left foot joint so instead of your foot moving up and down , you can make it rotate left and right .( easyer kicks )
Last edited by TRichard21; Mar 17, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Thanks Richard it's awesome to get feedback from you. I happened to look at your mods yesterday and thought they were great.

After testing I think you are right with the size of foot. It looks more natural, but it also gives more control to body positioning. If you open the file in notepad you can see the settings. Matchframe is 400, turnframe is 10, 20, 30, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 50, 50.

About the left foot, I didnt think about the axis, I will definitely try it out. I wonder if anyone could ''approve'' the mod so I can test it online. Or do I have to make an official release for that to happen?

Thanks
All you need is love.
the mod is great for making movies espcially promo movies , nice job, this mod would be fun to play in multiplayer
TPC Flames

Replays (need CnC)

Ok guys, I made a few tests, here are the results:

-Changing the axis of the ankle resulted in the body moving in directions that were ultimately achieved by moving the hips and glutes correctly. And it was a weird movement for the ankle, as I want that mod to be closest to what an actual fight look like.

- So I followed your advice TRichard, and tested different densities for the left foot (anchor). I reduced it in half, and at the density 100 I get a great ability for comeback, but also allowing that foot to turn so you get more open for side stance if you want to.

I will attach a cool combo replay I did with the new settings, with the final version of the mod. I will also create a new post for the official release.
I hope you guys talk about this mod I think we'll have awesome matches coming up in MP!

Blap
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Attached Files
_standup_demoi.rpl (46.6 KB, 11 views)
standup.tbm (217 Bytes, 9 views)
All you need is love.
[REL] Stand Up Mode (Easy standing!)
Hello everyone, after some tests, I am releasing the official StandUp mod. It will allow realistic matches where keeping a stand up stance will be relatively easy.

The key elements:

- The left foot is very heavy, so it serves as an anchor. By using the left ankle, knee, leg, and glute, you can quickly comeback to a standup position and continue fighting.
This also keeps the 2 players at a fighting range.

-The turn frame resembles the aikido structure. It means that you can quickly adjust to a rush attack at the beginning, and then the turns are longer.

-There is no grab. This way we get a cleaner match with more powerful blows.

This mod has tremendous multiplayer possibilities, as the matches are exciting throughout the whole match, and allow the best player to achieve higher score or comeback from an early blow.

You will find attached a replay showing what can be done (of course its pretty basic, so let me see what you can do :P . The mod is attached as well.

Hopefully we'll see you for some rounds on the server!

Blap
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Attached Files
_standup_demoi.rpl (46.6 KB, 12 views)
standup.tbm (217 Bytes, 19 views)
All you need is love.
Did this really need a second thread? especially considering you posted your other only yesterday.

Just edit the first post with the finished mod, and I'll change it's title for you.
Last edited by MrPoptart; Mar 18, 2011 at 08:48 AM.
Glad to hear that i was of some help bud lol i can already tell that this will be a popular mod for multiplayer and videos . see now there is a trend happening with mods and vids , its all about the sparring and acrobatic parkour ( the whole realism style).

If i had a TB laptop i would try this mod out . ! Nicely Done !
Sorry M. Poptart, it is done, 1st post is edited. Thanks Richard I appreciate it. See you on the servers!

Blap
All you need is love.
Ok, so after playing online, here are some general tips for new people on the mod:

-Contracting ankles will allow you to keep your whole body towards your opponent.
-Never contract your left knee.. you can relax it, but contracting will throw you off balance.
-Playing with glutes, abs, and lumbar will often bring you back to straight position.
-Try relaxing your shoulders and elbow, and rotate your body, you will often connect.

That's it for now!
All you need is love.