Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Freedom of Speech.
How far are you willing to let it go?
Should there be limits on what people can say?

Racist remarks, threats, verbal assault, or even moving into more widely interpreted situations such as burning a cross, various hand signs, or any other form of "speech" that may be considered offensive and possibly damaging to an individual. Should all of this go unpunished?

Is our government given right to speak freely the right thing to do, or should there be stricter punishments for speaking out about your views?

-On the other side-

Is there too much restriction?
Should we be allowed to display our views in any way we choose?

Should the consequences for crossing the line now be scaled back or abolished altogether?
-- Jet -- Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. --
[Secret]AikidoKP

Cogito ergo sum. I think therefor I exist.

I know it's true because it says so right here in this signature.
Freedom of speech is the right to formally express opinion. Not to make vulgar and threatening put-downs.
-----
At least that's what I think.
Last edited by Skolfe; Jun 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
So some speech should be limited, and other speech shouldn't? Where is the line drawn? What makes the distinction?
-- Jet -- Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. --
[Secret]AikidoKP

Cogito ergo sum. I think therefor I exist.

I know it's true because it says so right here in this signature.
I don't see why it has to be formal. I think that expression of substantiated opinion should be unregulated, but offensive and vulgar remarks should be restricted (which could never actually happen but w/e)
nangs
Banning offensive words means people with vile opinions can hide their prejudice more easily; let them speak and be judged
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
when kanye west said "Imma let you finish but beyoncee had one of the best videos of all time." Everyone thinks he's a gay fish now. but i don't he let out what he thought. so yes let freedom of speech be heard
Have you ever wondered what a pink waffle would look like? http://*******/NfTqyv
our freedom ends, when other's begin.

Kanye broke rules by saying his opinnion, he disrespected others.

And i dont think there are many restrictions, you have your own freedom as long as you dont affect others, that wouldnt be freedom but power. On the kanye topic, he said what he wanted due to power, not freedom. if it was freedom, he would have waited until some jornalist asked for his opinnion.
Last edited by AkumaBeast; Jun 13, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
It's Mr.AkumaBeast for you! oh and...
Check my inventory if you wish to buy flames.
While the restrictions, in some places may be too much, there is others that have little to no restriction. I personly do not have statistics on me. But in my view, the restricted places, seem to have a better, moral standard of how others should be treated, while the non restricted, tend to lead to more corruption.

For example, you take the internet, sure everything on it is free to say, but there is some stuff you wouldnt dare to say.
Now, the deep internet, those who dont know about, I advise you dont try and find out about, needless to say. Not nice place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love you guys. | Soɐd | Kiza | iRookie | Orko | TGS |
Zora | ViperTech

not the speech should be limited... the "opinion" should fE fascism..
our freedoms end when othe- ohw... allready there
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666