Ranking
Original Post
London riots
Only just got home because of the fuckers that decided this would be fun, all transport fubar, carpetworld has been burned to the ground. Will post a proper story of what happened once i have slept as it is nearly 4am :/

discuss
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Blame the police, they were the original target of the protests and their attitude was the reason that the peaceful protest turned violent.
saw it on sky news

Someone shot at the cops, the bullet hit a cop in the radio on his chest(saved his life etc), so they shot back and killed the dude.
then 300 guys start a riot outside the police station over it a day or 2 later or something.
15 cops in riot gear vs 300 idiots looking for an excuse to fight.

stole and burnt 3 policecars to the ground, busses and a mall.

there were posts on facebook and twitter advertising it and advising people to come down to cause trouble(quoted from the sources)
there were kids as young as 8 hanging around a riot at 12 at night...
people looting shops, women even taking the time to try the shoes on outside the shop in view of cameras befor stealing them.

dudes throwing stones at the policestation from over the fence, while the cops where just standing there watching them.
too scared to call in reinforcement, or use water canons for riot control, because of the potential retaliation from the rioters.

the cops should grow some back bone and enforce their own laws.
they were shot at, they shot back, they won. I cant be the only one who sees that as normal?

inb4 the consipracy theories about media twisting the truth
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Those polices should take some lessons from Finnish cops...

15 rioters vs 300 cops in full gear. That's how they do it here.
(Actual) Quote from our police: "Victory isn't the most important thing, CRUSHING THEM ENTIRELY IS!"

..But yeah, people are just looking for excuses to let some of their anxiety off... And what would be better target than cops and their authority?
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Started in birmingham now and i live right next to it :P
-----
This dude plays toribash!
-----
Oh no sainsburys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mliYQ...layer_embedded
Attached Images
Last edited by Albus; Aug 8, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[03:39] <idabosswiz> can't you just set up a pass for ddos?
Mhm, I live in England too just outside birmingham, I used to be one of those people who would have supported this kinda stuff but I'm more mature now and realise that this achieves nothing other than a lengthy amount of time behind bars

It's kinda stupid really, nobody will ever think that these people are cool, they will spend most of there life regretting what they have done.
PTDx - Keep this to pm, we don't wanna clutter the discussion thread with useless posts.

I believe that the people who do this kind of stuff are merely attention seekers with no understanding of morality whatsoever, they burn down the very shops they plan to use, nobody will accept these youths as members of the community any more. The worst part is, they will think they are cool because of their friends encouragement, really it's lowlife behaviour
Last edited by Iceage; Aug 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM.
I live near London, but doubt it will happen where I live. But the riots started in Tottenham, but now have moved around London a bit further. I now believe people are just doing it to steal from the shops, as that is what they're doing. It is also an excuse to fight. But to be honest I don't think it is worth fighting over what happened, as the police officer that shot the person, had the right to shoot at him, as the guy shot the police officer. So the police officer did nothing wrong. So yeah it is an excuse for all the 'mad' people in London to start arson attacks, and then people moan about the terrorist attacks, this is just as bad. How many people have been killed in these riots so far?