Toribash
Original Post
City of Heroes [CoH] - Soon F2P!

This is probably the only game I'm an oldfag in (2005).

Originally Posted by wikipedia
City of Heroes (CoH) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on the superhero comic book genre, developed by Cryptic Studios and published by NCsoft. The game was launched in North America on April 27, 2004 and in Europe (by NCsoft Europe) on February 4, 2005 with English, German and French language servers. Twenty free major updates for City of Heroes have been released since its launch. The newest update, "Incarnates", was released on April 5, 2011.

Wikipedia, for the most straightforward nutshell description I can give you.

Anyway, CoH (and City of Villains [And Going Rogue, which is inbetween]) is a comic-style superhero DIY game that is full of amazing people and will soon be free to play (which is kind of sad, because now there will be idiots everywhere).
You can pick out of several classes (called Archetypes) that determine what kind of powers you can give your characters. Once you reach level 50 (highest level in the game), you gain a new canon archetype: a Kheldian alien, or an Arachnos minion.

The game has gone downhill though, since the invention of Architect Entertainment, or create-your-own missions/maps, which people have used to farm generously.

There's a lot of new stuff too (such as Incarnates) that I have no idea what they mean, because I'm old and stubborn.

So far I have bought all but the Magic pack and Ninja pack for both my accounts, and it seems like they are pretty cool, so I might get them someday.

My own city of heroes character creation video.

So yeah, post global names, heroes, main server, etc.

My main serv is Freedom, and my global names are @Sly and @2Sly

LIST OF GLOBAL NAMES
SlyBash - @Sly, @2Sly
2worlds - @2worlds

System requirements:
Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
Intel® Pentium® III 800 Mhz or AMD Athlon™ 800 Mhz
256 MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
4 GB Available HDD Space
NVIDIA® GeForce 2 Series, ATI® Radeon® 7500 or Intel® i810G Series Video Card
16-bit Sound Card
56k modem
DirectX® 9.0c

Last edited by CrazyTaco; Aug 14, 2011 at 05:53 AM.
pennis and also dicke and balls
I've always wanted to try this game, but the subscription is too much.
By f2p do you mean that there's no more subscription cost? Would there be like a members thing where members who payed get to have all the good stuff?
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
I heard the f2p version was going to be shit though.

It is a fun game, just nobody plays it. Hard to find groups and shit
-----
You can post mine but I don't play. I'm considering re-subbing but ehhhhhh
Last edited by 2worlds; Aug 12, 2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I tried the trial twice. Once it was years ago, and it had a very good community and lots of people to play with. The other time was a month or two ago, and it had no one, basically. Very disappointing. It'll probably do the game good.
I loved my necromancer or warlock or something like that.

It was pretty sweet having like 6 minions out at once just raping shit
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Champions Online copied city of heroes, we've been around a lot longer.
Also, Freedom server is more active, but still, i miss 2007...
pennis and also dicke and balls