Toribash
Original Post
[GFX]First Sig

Needs some serious CnC so please dont just say, cool 7/10, If you think it sucks just say it but give me some good arguments.

WIP:

Last edited by Toxik; Aug 23, 2011 at 03:59 AM.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Too dark, and the edges are smudgy. The background also could have some more distinct patterns. It's very good for your first sig, though.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.
Not bad, Not bad at all. I see you tried blending the render in. The Background isn't the worst.

Now for some c&c. Signatures can never be.. "too dark" as poppo said above. If it's a dark render, normally you would blend it with a dark background. For the blending, try duplicating the render, and doing the same smudge pattern you did here. Set one of the layers to Soft light, or overlay, and lower the opacity. It should blend a bit better, and without the standout smudge marks. After you do that, you can do clipping masks* or you can use c4ds. C4d's always add to make the signature great. Now for the background. Normally, I use the render copy and pasted multiple times, then blurred with some of my own filters that I've made. Duplicate your background. You can do that same thing, and do a motion blur, at about angle 127. and set the top layer to whatever you would like.

*Clipping masks.

Clipping masks are cut-outs of the render itself. For example;

The lighter parts around the render are clipping masks.

How do you do them?

Take a small to medium size splatter brush and brush with different brushes along the render. Uncheck the painted layer, and Copy visible. Right click the painted layer, and press "Alpha to selection," after that, right click the selection, go to edit-paste into, and them move the picture around to your liking.

Hope this essay type c&c helped! PM me if you have further questions.

Thanks,

-Trey
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Need Graphic Artwork done? I'm your guy!
Gimp>Photoshop
Originally Posted by Pivotbash View Post
Not bad, Not bad at all. I see you tried blending the render in. The Background isn't the worst.

Now for some c&c. Signatures can never be.. "too dark" as poppo said above. If it's a dark render, normally you would blend it with a dark background. For the blending, try duplicating the render, and doing the same smudge pattern you did here. Set one of the layers to Soft light, or overlay, and lower the opacity. It should blend a bit better, and without the standout smudge marks. After you do that, you can do clipping masks* or you can use c4ds. C4d's always add to make the signature great. Now for the background. Normally, I use the render copy and pasted multiple times, then blurred with some of my own filters that I've made. Duplicate your background. You can do that same thing, and do a motion blur, at about angle 127. and set the top layer to whatever you would like.

*Clipping masks.

Clipping masks are cut-outs of the render itself. For example;

The lighter parts around the render are clipping masks.

How do you do them?

Take a small to medium size splatter brush and brush with different brushes along the render. Uncheck the painted layer, and Copy visible. Right click the painted layer, and press "Alpha to selection," after that, right click the selection, go to edit-paste into, and them move the picture around to your liking.

Hope this essay type c&c helped! PM me if you have further questions.

Thanks,

-Trey

Thank you for that cnc trey it's going to be helpful for future work.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
it's still a WIP man. Btw too many smudge tool.....
Seniman Elektronik Indonesia | GATA
Got any questions ? Throw me a PM or just mention @toriabiz on Twitter