Ranking
Original Post
[Art] Card look of the SteamPunks game

Me and my pal Snake are preparing very innovative trading card game set in the SteamPunk setting. I just finished general design of the cards... Now there is a 120 cards of the first edition that has to be made, so I would need some help.

If some people have missed it, there is a design event opened in the Event thread. I'm looking for some artist to help me with drawing images for cards, of machines and people. Link is here: SteamPunk Event

Last edited by Doxxy; Feb 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM.
Well first of all, don't call it Steam Punks. That's lame
Second that illustration have way too few details to fit on that high detailed card.
Third, don't outline with black, use the closest colour and make it slightly darker than that
Last edited by Freelancer; Feb 5, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Name is not final, illustration is not final, still testing some shit. But, yes, more detailed painting is probably the only answer, just I'm getting goosebumps when I think how many images I'll have to make. Alone, if I don't find some co-lab artist. Also, same artist for all cards: boooring. I need diferent styles, different ppl.

Black outline... Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh wouldn't agree. :}
Googled many of those cards, neither uses black outlines And Yo gi oh is shit
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
If mine game gets at least 3% of the 'Yu-Gi-Oh shit' earnings, a would be one happy panda.

And:

etc, etc... that's like first 50 cards that Google found for me. >_>
There is a saying: ''don't bother to invent wheel, when everyone are already driving cars''.

But, I'll think about the black border. Maybe I'll use some gradient of dark color. All card designers use dark borders since its imperative to focus players eyes on the card and its content.

In the meantime, any good digital painters around?
woah ;p so this is how it will look like ;p

anyway 2 things ;p
1) mb chain should look more "golden" since class etc, to make it more recognizeble if we will compare classes
2) is that a power meter under 9? ;p and how it will work?
i was thinking it can work like this:
Last edited by snake; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
New things are in Dropbox, Snake.
I removed the golden chain as a thing that will show card strength, its more incorporated in the whole design. Only one line around is enough. And no power meters, sorry. Had to cut some things to have more space for image.
Big wheel: Card's attribute
Small wheel: Card's Guild
We'll talk on Skype.

Last edited by 8OJ4N; Feb 6, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
Its not that I'm making this on the fly, 120 cards are already set, first edition balanced, all type of characters on cards made, well, written down at least. Sorry to disappoint you, but there will not be things like UZK.

...And considering that looking for the help with art here, on this forum, was shoot in the dark... There is lots of work to do.