Toribash
Original Post
Don't sink TC if you reconnect during your bet
I had posted this last year I think, maybe earlier, and it wasn't checked out as far as I remember so deciding to post again.

Just a small change in the betting system

When you bet your tc and ping your bet is canceled when your playing or when your just watching a match.
I don't think this is fair when it comes to just watching a match as your
internet may go off and your bet may have won but you don't earn the tc
you would have earned. My idea is to make it so that your bet is not canceled after you ping (if you are NOT playing). This way the player will either win the money or lose it to opposing bets.

This is beneficial towards both sides of a bet, because with the current settings after someone pings and their bet is canceled the opposing bets will not earn tc ( as the tc is simply sunk).

So long story short
Ping bets remain bets rather than being canceled for players that are NOT playing.

Comments or improvments on the idea would be appriciated.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Its a good idea. People ping during a bet all too often and come back asking the op for a refund when the tc has gone into limbo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
People can unplug router, or disconnect from internet. So I could bet 100k, and if I'm about to lose i'd ping purposely.
Vacuman, it doesn't work like that. Currently if you ping, your 100k would disappear forever.
If I'm not mistaken, he is suggesting that if you ping, the tc stays in the bet even while you are disconnected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
People can unplug router, or disconnect from internet. So I could bet 100k, and if I'm about to lose i'd ping purposely.

If you actually decided to read the thing I wrote, then you would understand this system I am talking about would not cover that. Players PLAYING INGAME that place a bet will NOT get their tc back if they ping.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
i like this idea, i dont like losing bets when my gay internet is being gay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<~[i]Assazin> I'm 12 years old
<~[i]Assazin> My butt is underdeveloped
<~[i]Assazin> ok ok
<~[i]Assazin> I'm actually 9
<Click>Patrickooo Acting His Age<Click>
I like this idea, but there would be a very simple problem that everybody can do. Say that I am watching a match that I bet on and the person I bet on I can tell is about to lose, I can just unplug my router and get my tc back even though he lost, but I got it back because I pinged out of the room, so I saved myself 10k or so from losing.

~I don't support this this way.

Now, if it was to where you pinged then you came back and the person that you bet on won the game, then you would receive the bet and the profit amount, but if they lost, you don't get the TC at all. The way you described it is like the way I said above and that is total bullshit. This way would be much more effective and better, to where bets always stay on the person, doesn't sink, and it still gets sent to you/the other team profits with your tc. Much better

~I support the way I described.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Originally Posted by Beta View Post
I like this idea, but there would be a very simple problem that everybody can do. Say that I am watching a match that I bet on and the person I bet on I can tell is about to lose, I can just unplug my router and get my tc back even though he lost, but I got it back because I pinged out of the room, so I saved myself 10k or so from losing.

~I don't support this this way.

Now, if it was to where you pinged then you came back and the person that you bet on won the game, then you would receive the bet and the profit amount, but if they lost, you don't get the TC at all. The way you described it is like the way I said above and that is total bullshit. This way would be much more effective and better, to where bets always stay on the person, doesn't sink, and it still gets sent to you/the other team profits with your tc. Much better

~I support the way I described.

I support Beta's idea.
Team Sad
What are you saying beta? My idea is not saying that. If your player lost then you lose the bet regardless if you pinged or not. I haven't a clue how you read it but your "way" is just what I posted above. Please read this again before calling it "bullshit" thanks.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09