Ranking
Original Post
Tips for game modes!
Hey newbies! I have a few tips for you that will make you harder to beat!
  • In Jousting, always contract your neck, so your head usually won't come off! Also, if any joint touches the floor, you're out! Jousting is a fast game to play, and to learn! Try to get the upper ground whenever possible, and keep your head to the back, not the front
  • In Judo, try to jump high, as people will try to kick your legs out beneath you! The games in this are a bit slower, but still downright fun!
  • In Aikido, just try to stay in the square, and usually take the lower ground! This is slower than Judo usually, as wrists and I believe ankles do not dq, and there are less frames. For an attack stance, you may want to contract one of your pecs, and extend the other, and go from there. For defense, try to do this, but move to either side so they cannot shovel you as easy.
  • In TwinSwords, try not to get your legs facing the opponent, or they shall have a slight advantage if they wish to cut it off and send it outside the square! Nothing dq's unless outside the area, so I would put time between Judo and Aikido.

I hope you enjoyed my beginner tips for the major game modes of toribash!
Last edited by BlueTurtle; May 12, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Beginner sanctuary is strictly for questions and beginner help only. If you feel like writing a proper guide or tutorial, use the tutorials board.