Toribash
Original Post
Pool on the "fair-play" in wushu-oriented mods.
Bumping / redirecting people into the TW forums.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=431950

We have a pool going where we want to see what the community thinks about the "recent" changes TW and fl0w amongst other wushu players have implemented as standards when it comes to "fair-play".

Now it would be nice to have you consider that the question is mainly aimed at wushu-oriented mods and then have you look at the current meta and compare it to the meta we had before we tried to implement this.

Everyones opinion is valued, so leave a comment if you want to.

// for l.-mods, I'm not sure if I should place it here or amongst the rapid threads.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Well, wushu is good based mod on your balance and skill, but abd is same but a dq area. I think this a great idea to compare mods, hasn't happen in awhile. Fair-play, happens when honest people play against one other.
For all the lovers out there. You don't know what love is, till you lose it. </3
the only problem with serious wushu matches is that the fairplay only happens if both players agree not to exploit the bad design of the mod (which is not going to happen honestly).

if we're talking about casual play, then wushu is a pretty fun mod to play, and encouraging comebacks and all that stuff will indeed get you to learn more about the mod and how to stay alive.

but rather than try to change the players, you could try to popularize a wushu variant that would both be competitive and still fun to play during not so serious matches. for example, ynvaser's mod boxshu.tbm* is (in my opinion) probably the only wushu mod I would consider dueling in (I don't duel, but if I did then those would be my thoughts).

*I do realize that it would eliminate one of the most important parts of wushu, comebacks, since there's not much space inside of a box, but is there really a combination of space for comebacks and not running in default gravity? it would be amazing if someone managed to make a mod that didn't allow for people to fly away a million yards, but still left space for comebacks.

so all in all, I think that changing the mod would be more effective than trying to change the players, because unless it's a game rule, they will most likely not follow it and disrespect fairplay. encouraging comebacks is great for learning, but not so useful when they're playing for the win.
wushu is very fun for casual but I would be very happy if it became a competitive mod too. hopefully someone makes a variant that somehow allows for comebacks and still prevents people from jumping away easily.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
the only problem with serious wushu matches is that the fairplay only happens if both players agree not to exploit the bad design of the mod (which is not going to happen honestly).

if we're talking about casual play, then wushu is a pretty fun mod to play, and encouraging comebacks and all that stuff will indeed get you to learn more about the mod and how to stay alive.

but rather than try to change the players, you could try to popularize a wushu variant that would both be competitive and still fun to play during not so serious matches. for example, ynvaser's mod boxshu.tbm* is (in my opinion) probably the only wushu mod I would consider dueling in (I don't duel, but if I did then those would be my thoughts).

*I do realize that it would eliminate one of the most important parts of wushu, comebacks, since there's not much space inside of a box, but is there really a combination of space for comebacks and not running in default gravity? it would be amazing if someone managed to make a mod that didn't allow for people to fly away a million yards, but still left space for comebacks.

so all in all, I think that changing the mod would be more effective than trying to change the players, because unless it's a game rule, they will most likely not follow it and disrespect fairplay. encouraging comebacks is great for learning, but not so useful when they're playing for the win.
wushu is very fun for casual but I would be very happy if it became a competitive mod too. hopefully someone makes a variant that somehow allows for comebacks and still prevents people from jumping away easily.

People find ways of playing cheap in every mod. (aikido, abd, lenshu3ng, wu/brushu, tk)

I think that changing the players is the better idea but uh..I find it hard to believe people won't play like dicks in duels.
I have a question.
Did people really introduce standards for mods?
Expected behavior?
Banned moves?

Serious question, first time I heard of this.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
I have a question.
Did people really introduce standards for mods?
Expected behavior?
Banned moves?

Serious question, first time I heard of this.

sportsmanship.
Sportsmanship is important, even the player you fought, was very bad and nob. Say this "Hey you were fun to fight against, train harder and you become like me." Always show respect to noobs, am I right.
For all the lovers out there. You don't know what love is, till you lose it. </3
In duels and such on mods like Wushu, running can really decide if you win or not, I wouldn't expect anyone to abide by the "Fair-Play" rule when doing this, since the aim of a duel is to win right?
But for Casual games in Wushu I think "Fair-Play" should always be the idea, trying to get CBs etc, But i suppose If your not gonna Play Fair, then don't expect your opponent to.
Originally Posted by Dinis View Post
People find ways of playing cheap in every mod. (aikido, abd, lenshu3ng, wu/brushu, tk)

I think that changing the players is the better idea but uh..I find it hard to believe people won't play like dicks in duels.

you don't really need to "find" a way to play cheap in wushu, you basically touch your opponent's toe's electron and have enough damage to win as long as you jump away the next round, which I find easier to do rather than stay close to your opponent. it's right in your face when you play the mod for the first time and I'm sure most players did this to win before they were introduced to fair play.
oh yeah