Ranking
Original Post
[HELP/MP] Pirate Ship Battle: featuring Kamae the clueless cabinboy
Pirates Ahoy

This is a free roam map based on a pirate ship. Feel free to climb about, roll around, and fight! All in the meantime try to stay clear of the cannonball launched around the ship bouncing hectically around.

Save the Cabinboy Edition

Featuring our new friend, Kamae (an aikido term meaning "posture") playing as the cabinboy. If the cannon hits him in the head the game ends in a draw so be careful with him. The cannonball comes in contact with around frame 1170.

screenshots

Cheers. And enjoy.

EDIT:
Please note! After testing this mod it seems clear that the cannonball does not work in multiplayer and will not bounce in the directions it was designed to. Why? I have no clue. Sorry but it seems it's single player only until I figure out what this glitch is and how to work around it.
-----
Well then after further experimenting in multiplayer with Jellocosby's assistance it appears I don't know what is causing this problem with the mod.

Basic jist of the issue:

The cannonball is to be launched. It then bounces around the ship for about 500 frames and finally reaches it's destination atop Kamae's poor tender crown. In multiplayer however the cannonball is glitchie and instead of bouncing around where I designed it to it just gets launched into the wrong directions off away from the ship.

For some reason it works in singleplayer as I tested it myself. And further more Jellocosby informs me it works for him in singleplayer as well.

Does anyone know why this is? Is there a work around?
Attached Files
pirates_savethecabinboy.tbm (18.3 KB, 68 views)
pirates_ahoy.tbm (13.9 KB, 51 views)
Last edited by Naater; Mar 29, 2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
great mod! however in the replay the cannonball just teleports and idk why. Also could you make a version where the cannon doesn't fire (for sparring)