Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[TCO] Toribash Comic Organization

Are you a fan of comics?
Do you not fall under one of these categories?

Categories

Do you own at least five comics?
If you answered yes to all of these categories you may or not be accepted into our super secret, crime-fighting, ass-wooping, sexy-time comic book club!

Jesus

Jack "Baby Jesus" Kirby
8OJAN

App Format:
Name:
When you started reading comics:
DC or Marvel:
Favorite Superhero:
Why?:
Rarest Issue you own?:
Other info:
Last edited by Kyure; Aug 21, 2014 at 07:50 AM.
Name: Steven
When you started reading comics: I started reading comics when I was about 12, I used to borrow out these encyclopedias on comics from the school library (there was an Avengers one, a Spider-man one, a Hulk one, an X-Men one and a Superman one. After reading them many times I became pretty interested in comics and started following modern ones and reading some older ones that interested me.

DC or Marvel: I'm more into Marvel but appreciate some DC titles.
Favorite Superhero: Tough one but I'm probably gonna have to go with Hank Pym as Ant-Man or Yellowjacket or whatever he is at the time.

Why?: He's one of the only super-heroes that actually cares about rehabilitating criminals and puts in more effort beyond beating up the bad guy, though this sometimes backfires on him.

Rarest Issue you own?: I don't any rare issues :{

Other info: I don't have a neckbeard and I don't live in a basement
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
ACCEPTED phail

NEWS FLASH

ARCHIE IS DEAD, IN ISSUE 36 in the series, "Life with Archie".

Pic

Did any of you ever read Archie Comics? Your thoughts?
Name: Bojan
When you started reading comics: As soon I learned to read, so I guess when I was eight or nine years old.
DC or Marvel: I've read some comics from both of their universes, but I like more the independent comic-book publishers like IDW, BOOM, DYNAMITE, alternative scene (I'm not into that superhero stuff anymore, I guess I've outgrow it), Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, French stuff, Moebius, Jodorowsky, Herman...
Favorite Superhero: I guess Hellboy. :]
Why?: He cruse through stories like he doesn't give a shit... :>
Rarest Issue you own?: Diabolik, number 4. :]
Other info: I kinda draw a bit when I have spare time.

I've never have read any Archie comics. Not really my type of stories, but it seams they are reworking that.
ACCEPTED 8OJ4N

Yeah Hellboy is a pretty cool character!

Also Archie Comics is now set place in a zombie apocalyptic Riverdale, where the gang is try to survive. I have no idea why they are doing this, but whatever floats their boat.
It's not a first time to see these type of stories. I remember 'what if' marvel comics.

Did you read this short series from VERTIGO?

Story is very good, and art style is something I like very much. :]

art

Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 26, 2014 at 04:20 PM.
Wow that's really cool! Never read it, gonna have to. It's funny, the art kind of reminds me of a darker version of Steve Ditko.
I must say, and don't get discourage by this, but there are not many ppl here that like comics that much.

It may happen that only ppl to discuss comics will be you and me here, lol

Anyway, here is some good old graphic novel: Medusa Chain.
It was so radical for that time, that when I read it I was mind blown...

-----
Also, my favorite comic book artist is definitely Richard Corben

Here are some of his work:

Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 24, 2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Wow that's some intense stuff! I have been reading some "New 52" stuff. I read Batman's, "A Court of Owls" and Nightwing's, "Traps and Trapeze's.

The thing I really liked about these two is how they tied into each other. There are a couple pages that are in both comics, and they work together well. It is kind of strange reading these "newer comics", since I grew up with older ones, but it is a different experience.