Toribash
Original Post
PROMOD

"PROMOD" is a mod created for the game "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" that has been adjusted for competitive and strategic game-play. All perks are disabled, kill-streaks are disabled, no muzzle flash, no sights, no mounted machine guns, no LMG's and much more.

Usually PROMOD consists of a team of one sniper, and the rest usually use AK47's for defensive play and AK-74u's for rushing the enemy, the objective is for the team to either plant a bomb at the two specified locations, or to stop the enemy team from planting the bomb. If the bomb is planted, the other team has a certain amount of time to defuse the bomb or they lose the round, if the team who has planted the bomb successfully defends the bomb once they've planted it, they win the round. Rounds will also end once all players from one team have been eliminated.

Why should you play PROMOD? Because it's an exceptional mod for competitive game-play, where you are always learning routes, spots, grenade throws, smokes, wallbangs, team strategies and much more.

Try searching videos of tournaments on YouTube to get an idea of what it's all about.

If you all show a lot of interest I'll try and set up a server and possibly set up tournaments in the future!

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!
holy shit i can't believe someone actually made a thread for it. been playing promod for 4-5 years. i do movement videos and get called a cheater all the time. admin on ic3 pub servers.

got multible uploads on codjumper, if that matters.

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeDDDar/videos

if anyone need any tips, feel free to ask. ele's are the best.
M I N I V A N
Well I'm thinking of getting a new PC to play this if more people are interested, how good would my PC need to be to get enough FPS the bounces and elevators? Your videos are amazing by the way!
thank you. really you don't need much of a gaming rig. getting to 250fps is easy. one reason is that you have to run it on low settings. higher settings means you'll have a harder time to spot people. you could also download any dvar unlocker and do r_fullbright 1. then there's configs on cfgfactory.com if which disables some other things you can't disable through the options.
M I N I V A N
Are there any texture packs or anything to improve the overall feel of the game? After playing newer games it's hard to play on lower settings and full-bright because the game looks pretty bad :|
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
Are there any texture packs or anything to improve the overall feel of the game? After playing newer games it's hard to play on lower settings and full-bright because the game looks pretty bad :|

There are a lot of configs for the game. I used to play cod4 on a semipro level (cgm). The game is pretty much dead at this point tho (at least the competitive scene), you can find some wars if you want to play with friends in #cod4.wars. You can find pro configs just by googling "cod4 promod configs", recommend using phantasy's, it's very simple and beginner friendly. Configs alter your graphics and some other things with your game and are usually optimized for fps and competitive visibility.
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 19, 2015 at 03:57 PM.
pretty much what cowmeat said. it's good to start with configs such as pantasy's or configs which matches his decently.

these two links holds alot of configs and filmtweaks, ranging from almost fullbright like tweaks to almost stock looking tweaks. search around and find what you like the most.
http://cfgfactory.com/downloads/category/205
http://cfgfactory.com/downloads/category/34

and yeah, the only active part about promod is either pub's or wars. download mIRC and connect to what cowmeat posted (#cod4.wars). you could either look up people there to play a mix with you, or maybe you have a full team. then it's just to search for another team.
remember though, since punkbuster haven't supported cod4 for quite a while now, alot of people hack. if you hire a server from war24 or something, it's most likely that you're going to have to run without having killcam, if you don't go into rcon commands and change that.
when there isn't a killcam, hacks such as wh or roccat is really easy to hide for the enemy team if they play it off and pretend they're legit.
currently i'm having most fun in public servers, where there usually is active admins around who can get rid of cheaters, or ban me when i'm not even cheating.

it might be a dick move but i do recommend the ic3 servers. we have a good amount of admins who actually do know what hacks look like, and can get rid of hackers who's trying to hide it. our servers also have a decent hitreg and always great people around.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/co...t=3&order=DESC
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
pretty much what cowmeat said. it's good to start with configs such as pantasy's or configs which matches his decently.

these two links holds alot of configs and filmtweaks, ranging from almost fullbright like tweaks to almost stock looking tweaks. search around and find what you like the most.
http://cfgfactory.com/downloads/category/205
http://cfgfactory.com/downloads/category/34

and yeah, the only active part about promod is either pub's or wars. download mIRC and connect to what cowmeat posted (#cod4.wars). you could either look up people there to play a mix with you, or maybe you have a full team. then it's just to search for another team.
remember though, since punkbuster haven't supported cod4 for quite a while now, alot of people hack. if you hire a server from war24 or something, it's most likely that you're going to have to run without having killcam, if you don't go into rcon commands and change that.
when there isn't a killcam, hacks such as wh or roccat is really easy to hide for the enemy team if they play it off and pretend they're legit.
currently i'm having most fun in public servers, where there usually is active admins around who can get rid of cheaters, or ban me when i'm not even cheating.

it might be a dick move but i do recommend the ic3 servers. we have a good amount of admins who actually do know what hacks look like, and can get rid of hackers who's trying to hide it. our servers also have a decent hitreg and always great people around.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/co...t=3&order=DESC

I'd like to add to this that CG (cybergamer) still hosts some cod4 tourneys, even for small cash prizes.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, might have to set up the configs soon

I've been playing for about a year on limited perk Australian Search and Destroy servers on my shitty mac-book track pad with 30 FPS, I've played in actual PROMOD servers quite a bit but they're mostly American servers where I have a terrible connection.

Too bad not many people play in Australia
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys, might have to set up the configs soon

I've been playing for about a year on limited perk Australian Search and Destroy servers on my shitty mac-book track pad with 30 FPS, I've played in actual PROMOD servers quite a bit but they're mostly American servers where I have a terrible connection.

Too bad not many people play in Australia

Well if you cant get 125/250 fps you might as well not even try.

The quarter fpses 125/250/333/500 etc determine your strafe distances and are pretty fucking important, good fps also makes the game smoother and easier to control. Every good player is also a good strafer since movement is so fucking important in promod. Another thing is that if you are actually playing with trackpad, you arent going to ever do good. A fact.