Ranking
Original Post
Aion
Those of you in irc probably suspected this was coming.

I have been ranting about how much I am looking forward to this game for a long time now.

Its pretty!

Yes, its Korean, yes, it looks like a wow clone (what mmo isn't? wow is pretty damn generic.)

The "hook" is the flying system. At level 9 you get a quest to "ascend" to Daeva status, which grants you flight.

The hard-to-explain combo based combat system is loads of fun and pretty hard to master.

I'll be playing this when it comes out :D
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
North American version release date is TBA, pre-order beta invites gets you access to the closed beta this weekend.
hmm nice I may look into this game. looks fun... not sure if I wanna get near an MMO with final exams comming though lol
Originally Posted by OveRK1LL View Post
hmm nice I may look into this game. looks fun... not sure if I wanna get near an MMO with final exams comming though lol

Won't be out till Fall '09 at the earliest.
Originally Posted by Eleeleth View Post
Won't be out till Fall '09 at the earliest.

Was answering to this:

Originally Posted by Eleeleth
pre-order beta invites gets you access to the closed beta this weekend.

Originally Posted by OveRK1LL View Post
Was answering to this:

2 days wouldn't hurt that much >_>
I'm going to plan on grabbing that beta. Tell me on IRC if you want to quest it up! On the off chance I can acquire a beta this weekend, otherwise be ready to quest it up, you'll have a few months to prepare for my awesomeness.
Is it grindy? It seems decent, but 90% of all mmo's now adays are "Do 1 quest, grind to get 20 levels higher, do 2 more, get to level 100" etc
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
Is it grindy? It seems decent, but 90% of all mmo's now adays are "Do 1 quest, grind to get 20 levels higher, do 2 more, get to level 100" etc

I've only played to lvl 15 solo, took me about a week on and off playing, reports from others say max level (50) should take 1-2 months depending on how often you play, which doesn't seem to bad to me, your mileage may vary.

I should probably also point out the quest you get at level 9's reward is promotion to level 10, regardless of the amount of exp you need ;].

Pirate: I don't think I'll be playing the beta, since its a gamestop pre-order bonus only iirc, and I was planning on buying via steam.

Might change my mind, though.