Toribash
Original Post
In the pretense of a clever name
[00:24] <Icky> I'd link you to a replay thread/post cause it'd be easier. But I never made one. \o/
[00:24] <millie> you should make one
[00:24] <millie> people are typically keen to being helpful

Blame millie for whatever happens here.

not really she's p cool

The creation dates of these are pretty far apart.

drumbeat is 2+ years old/
GMOC was the last Opener contest (didn't enter obviously)
Breaktrain was last year in May
Streaks was last year in April

Why are they so far apart? Cause I figured I might as well show what my "style" seems to be. Plus I have little time to find better replays atm..

CnC is always wonderful and welcome. \o/
Attached Files
GMOC Icky.rpl (173.3 KB, 49 views)
breaktrain.rpl (437.4 KB, 44 views)
The Drumbeat says things.rpl (154.1 KB, 29 views)
Spoken with streaks ~ Icky MM.rpl (260.4 KB, 26 views)
Last edited by Icky; Oct 13, 2020 at 07:28 AM.
ooh you finally made one of these
i won't cnc any replay in particular because that would be sort of a pain. i'll cnc your style and stuff in general.

you remind me of mrjingles with less booms
the style you have is really floppy with little spins or coordinated movements in general. try using the ground more to push off and tuck in for spins and stuff. try to maintain the direction you're spinning in and keep you flow going. you should really focus on movement rather than dms too

my favorite from these was "spoken with streaks". probably because your movement was pretty enjoyable and you had an ok flow. the flow kinda stops when you start dming though.

you should really focus on movement rather than dms

send me wips on skype for once and i'll make you a replay monster
The first one sixty frames is from early 2014. Everything after is brand new as of 20 mins ago.

Am I doing this replay thing right?
Attached Files
i really enjoyed watching this, legit looks like something that would have been made like 4 or 5 years ago. the elbow dismemberment was pretty funny, i don't know if that was on purpose or not but i had to watch like 4 times to understand why it happened

i don't really have any big problems with the replay but i think that if you tried to be a bit more incisive it would make the replay more enjoyable, because sometimes it looks like you slow down because you need to get into a certain position in order to launch yourself or prepare a hit, and it looks a bit hesitant. if you tried to land on the position you want right after the hit, it would be easier to transition to the next part. nitpick though, i actually like these replays
oh yeah
probablysomething in the milk maid

this replay wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't really bring anything fresh. this is preference, but i would avoid getting grab dms.

the opener didn't have too much excitement to it, you kind of just got straight into dms, which is fine, but i always appreciate some nice setup before a replay. i'm definitely fond of the boom from that third kick, and the glutes and all that, but all of your movements seem like their own individual thing, instead of kind of chaining them all together and having it kind of flow all into one thing

there's room for improvement in your replays, but i could definitely see you making some pretty top notch shit before long
pacquiao
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
i really enjoyed watching this, legit looks like something that would have been made like 4 or 5 years ago. the elbow dismemberment was pretty funny, i don't know if that was on purpose or not but i had to watch like 4 times to understand why it happened

i don't really have any big problems with the replay but i think that if you tried to be a bit more incisive it would make the replay more enjoyable, because sometimes it looks like you slow down because you need to get into a certain position in order to launch yourself or prepare a hit, and it looks a bit hesitant. if you tried to land on the position you want right after the hit, it would be easier to transition to the next part. nitpick though, i actually like these replays

Lol. "07 ftw roflcopter" and all that. As for the elbow, I was aiming for positioning at first. Then I realised I couldn't dm it with the kick, so I tried to see if I could dm it with an impact. Ended up happening. \o/
yeah, I have issues with chaining things together so I try set up. Something to work on. Also thankya. c:
~~~~~
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
probablysomething in the milk maid

this replay wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't really bring anything fresh. this is preference, but i would avoid getting grab dms.

the opener didn't have too much excitement to it, you kind of just got straight into dms, which is fine, but i always appreciate some nice setup before a replay. i'm definitely fond of the boom from that third kick, and the glutes and all that, but all of your movements seem like their own individual thing, instead of kind of chaining them all together and having it kind of flow all into one thing

there's room for improvement in your replays, but i could definitely see you making some pretty top notch shit before long

Keep in mind I never really did any replay making seriously between a couple of weeks before this thread was made and 2007 when I first joined so this is fairly new territory to me. :>

DMs are one of the bits I enjoy, I never really got into the "let's do pretty spins and perfect realism" clique so that might just be a trait that will just appear throughout the thing.

chaining together I'll have to work on though, that's gonna be interesting.

Hopefully it won't be long for top notch stuff. Danke. o/
~~~~

For this one:
I struggled with the "keep the flow going" idea, and apparently I can't set up for shit opener wise.

But y'know, things happened and I liked the things. \o/
Attached Files
Anvelico.rpl (207.4 KB, 25 views)
Last edited by Icky; Feb 21, 2016 at 06:20 AM.
hey man these replays are pretty d@nk

your openers are cool, but they really need alot more speed =v
i like the way you DM, there's lots of them and they happen in rapid succession

gg
Speed. ok.

As you can probably tell, I have no idea what to do with this after the decap.

I just felt like a heel kick would be neat.
Attached Files
how2continue.rpl (95.9 KB, 29 views)
i'm really feelin the larfeny vib with some of these replays, you're gathering a rather unique style because of previous exposure to older replays and recently newer ones

keep it up dude
Larfen is a good guy to be compared too. :^) Thankya.

Also since pusga mentioned he though the elbow dm in milkmaid was funny cause it hit the ground so hard, figured I'd see if I could make that happen again.

Then this happened.
Attached Files
Posterboy rhythum.rpl (205.8 KB, 25 views)