Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] Air hockey
In this mod, you've got a table, a puck, and two paddles. the object is to get the puck through the opening on your opponent's side. When that happens, the puck will instagib them. It works for the most part, but it's kind of hard to control the paddles. But the puck does a good job of acting like the real thing.

Attached Files
airhockey.tbm (2.1 KB, 41 views)
Here are some ideas:
-Turn on DQ, so when the instagib puck cuts apart the losing player and some of the parts inevitably hit the floor, the loser actually loses.
-Implement some sort of balance system.
-Don't make the paddles instagib.
-Make the players hold the paddles to begin with - place them in the players' hands.
Originally Posted by cuckooman4 View Post
Here are some ideas:
-Turn on DQ, so when the instagib puck cuts apart the losing player and some of the parts inevitably hit the floor, the loser actually loses.
-Implement some sort of balance system.
-Don't make the paddles instagib.
-Make the players hold the paddles to begin with - place them in the players' hands.

What do you mean by balance system?
I think he means like in the boxing mods (i think it's them) they have something that stops you falling over so you stay on your feet (unless you go 90 degrees to one side in 1 frame :o.) So ya i think thats it.
Yeah, I mean like a character balance system.

Large feet would probably work fine.

Alternatively, you could have the left hand attached to a static object, and the right hand for the paddle.
Well, okay, here's the mod with the pucks in hand. I agree that it still needs tweaking, so I'll look into it.

Also, have fun with this little extra thing I've come up with.
Attached Files
airhockeyhold.tbm (2.1 KB, 26 views)
puckbox.tbm (2.1 KB, 23 views)