Ranking
Ok, people don't want to say things about a certain staff member. Do you want to know why? Just go in the staff complaints section. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=601428.
That link shows you why. The staff will argue you to the death even though some only know what they heard not seen. SO after being argued with over the course of HOURS
Ping (I love you bb) finally admitted to being one of the partakers in this incident.
Before ping said this staff patronized and argued him to death all for Ping to come in and admit it.
Staff will argue for other staff all day and crucially. One simple mistake or disagreement in what you reply back with and the staff will dislike you. They argue and argue even though they are kind of ignoring valid evidence.
Say what you will but this is why peeps don't go against staff. It's not worth the time.
Again, I love you ping and this was not an example to diss you but to show others that it took you to confess before staff stopped arguing.
Sometimes that confession never comes and the people are ignored and regarded as a bullshit liar, or a whiney crybaby.
Last edited by Samurai; Oct 1, 2017 at 12:59 AM.
What you dont know is:

In IRC some of us told Ping he is wrong and he should apologize and discussed it with him
But yes the total of all staff did just discuss on Pings side and noone was against him

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Originally Posted by Reta View Post
What you dont know is:

In IRC some of us told Ping he is wrong and he should apologize and discussed it with him
But yes the total of all staff did just discuss on Pings side and noone was against him

Yes, I know that things between staff are discussed in secret boards etc..
But I am glad you were able to see my point. Especially when newer players see things like that on staff complaints it scares them into never filing complaints.
Originally Posted by Reta View Post
What you dont know is:

This is new didn't know staff actually correct other staff, I had a little trouble with a staff member and was just shit on by most staff in irc even tho I was in the right. And another time when I bring up the issue I was just completely ignored, I did bring it up several times for several hours and no help at all. Now it's way too late to even get help, cause the answer I'll end up getting is ("it's too late now" or "should've told someone" when that is exactly what I've been doing at the time of the incidents.

Also what spcr pointed out, it is very frustrating when you pm a staff/admin and instantly go offline even if they were being very active and end up never coming back for hours to a whole day, and when you instead pm a staff that gets on they end up also going invisible.

I don't want to hate staff but when there's many players complaining about the way things are being done doesn't it seem like there needs to be some change?

Also in staff reports, there seems to be a circle jerk on the staff's side where staff back up other staff instead of being neutral, that's what it seems to me.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
This is new didn't know staff actually correct other staff, I had a little trouble with a staff member and was just shit on by most staff in irc even tho I was in the right. And another time when I bring up the issue I was just completely ignored, I did bring it up several times for several hours and no help at all. Now it's way too late to even get help, cause the answer I'll end up getting is ("it's too late now" or "should've told someone" when that is exactly what I've been doing at the time of the incidents.

Also what spcr pointed out, it is very frustrating when you pm a staff/admin and instantly go offline even if they were being very active and end up never coming back for hours to a whole day, and when you instead pm a staff that gets on they end up also going invisible.

I don't want to hate staff but when there's many players complaining about the way things are being done doesn't it seem like there needs to be some change?

Also in staff reports, there seems to be a circle jerk on the staff's side where staff back up other staff instead of being neutral, that's what it seems to me.

That's my point also. In public staff will argue and scare everyone from complaints.
But then in secret boards and in IRC, they get onto each other. It makes no sense
to scare everyone off only to go into an IRC and correct the person after you have already
stuck up and basically denied any credibility of the original poster.
This is always the case. Very rarely do staff listen or acknowledge there ignorance unless they are told by higher-ups to fix it....
Ok minor point. I avoided replying to this thread since my name got dropped a lot and didn't want to stir stuff.

But, there will not come a time where we will "educate" or "advise" other staff in front of users on serious topics. If we started bashing someone for a mistake or misunderstanding in front of everyone, that staff member would never hear the end of it and would get every single decision made from that point called into question and get abuse from them.

If users are unsure if we're actually making sure people learn, easy fix. Just ask and you can be supplied non-senstive information.

But I will not tear shreds of someone just for the sake of making a show. That's a horrible way to do things.
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post

Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Ok minor point. I avoided replying to this thread since my name got dropped a lot and didn't want to stir stuff.

But, there will not come a time where we will "educate" or "advise" other staff in front of users on serious topics. If we started bashing someone for a mistake or misunderstanding in front of everyone, that staff member would never hear the end of it and would get every single decision made from that point called into question and get abuse from them.

If users are unsure if we're actually making sure people learn, easy fix. Just ask and you can be supplied non-senstive information.

But I will not tear shreds of someone just for the sake of making a show. That's a horrible way to do things.

See, when I had my first round of ES, I had a small fallout with someone who was pissy because an argument was started, he didn't get what he wanted, I wasn't taking his bullcrap, and he decided to write a complaint on it.

Now that was all fine and dandy, Arctic gave me a good talking to on how to react to certain people like that, and all was taken care of, behind the scenes.

I know personally, I turned inactive on the ends of my runs in both of my Event Squad periods and my Help Squad periods (reasons that shall remain unbeknownst to you all). Whenever I have a problem or any issue, you can post in the IRC, or in the private messages to whoever you need. It can take a few hours, sure, but unless it is absolutely vital (i.e. decap rigging or ddosing) it would not be handled right that second.

My take on this thread is more or less, "I have an issue with how the staff is. They are biased in their reports that they handle, they act out of line and not like how I think the staff should behave, and I want someone or something to change. I don't know what or how, but change it." Staff members aren't perfect. They are people. I know there are many people who did not like my style of hosting or like me in general. I told whoever did not like me to write a staff complaint, because I trusted that whoever handles the report written about me, would be unbaised and fair, and that's exactly what happened. Icky and Artic handled it in an unbaised and just manner, I was taught my wrongs, and that was that.

To me, I believe that if you have an issue, change it. Apply for staff, try to get higher in the ranks. Change it then. The staff groups are really unbaised when it comes to applications. Hell, a BoS/ZT user was omitted into the Help Squad when I was apart of it, and they did one of the BEST jobs in it. I mean seriously, any issue, taken care of with good satisfaction. I mean, look at me as well. I was in the Event Squad twice and the Help Squad. I'm a shitty person, and I still got shots. I probably won't be in staff anytime soon, but hey, I was there.

Just my two cents, don't expect another post from me here.
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Originally Posted by Icky View Post

Since you are putting this out there I'll be a "first"

Were you by any way corrected or anything when you ended up banning me from my own server when I was telling you multiple of times to keep it in whisper when you were trying to help someone which seemed a bit irresponsible trying to first handle a scam in a public chat (but of course you may not even remember this, and when I first let other staff know of what happened no one took it serious)
-----
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
See, when I had my first round of ES, I had a small fallout with someone who was pissy because an argument was started, he didn't get what he wanted, I wasn't taking his bullcrap, and he decided to write a complaint on it.

Now that was all fine and dandy, Arctic gave me a good talking to on how to react to certain people like that, and all was taken care of, behind the scenes.

I know personally, I turned inactive on the ends of my runs in both of my Event Squad periods and my Help Squad periods (reasons that shall remain unbeknownst to you all). Whenever I have a problem or any issue, you can post in the IRC, or in the private messages to whoever you need. It can take a few hours, sure, but unless it is absolutely vital (i.e. decap rigging or ddosing) it would not be handled right that second.

My take on this thread is more or less, "I have an issue with how the staff is. They are biased in their reports that they handle, they act out of line and not like how I think the staff should behave, and I want someone or something to change. I don't know what or how, but change it." Staff members aren't perfect. They are people. I know there are many people who did not like my style of hosting or like me in general. I told whoever did not like me to write a staff complaint, because I trusted that whoever handles the report written about me, would be unbaised and fair, and that's exactly what happened. Icky and Artic handled it in an unbaised and just manner, I was taught my wrongs, and that was that.

To me, I believe that if you have an issue, change it. Apply for staff, try to get higher in the ranks. Change it then. The staff groups are really unbaised when it comes to applications. Hell, a BoS/ZT user was omitted into the Help Squad when I was apart of it, and they did one of the BEST jobs in it. I mean seriously, any issue, taken care of with good satisfaction. I mean, look at me as well. I was in the Event Squad twice and the Help Squad. I'm a shitty person, and I still got shots. I probably won't be in staff anytime soon, but hey, I was there.

Just my two cents, don't expect another post from me here.

I do understand when a player has a grudge against a staff member, I try not to do that but I do keep an eye out on staff when they start treating me and or others badly, like I do see names being thrown around, for example I do remember this one staff that had so many staff complaints, the staff tried to protect him for a bit since he was "still learning" but ended up getting kicked off for not fixing his mistakes.
Last edited by Lucy; Oct 1, 2017 at 07:06 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
|Evil|
I don't exist
honestly the only staff that i had a problem with but isn't staff anymore was shmevin, we were constantly dueling all the time and i had multiple screenshots of him harassing me prior and everything and people still sided with him, i do have evidence to back it up too but at this point i decide not to even bother with that since nothing good even comes from it, i already am passed those days. I was always targeted for "harassing him" because he would mainly crop out my words and make it seem like i was the bad guy, but when i tried to speak up i rarely would get listened too, he even included me one time saying that i was "talking shit" about his uncle because i said people who smoke are an idiot and that it is their fault if they get cancer because they smoke.(shmevins uncle had cancer i believe and passed away, my condolences.)
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post
honestly the only staff that i had a problem with but isn't staff anymore was shmevin, we were constantly dueling all the time and i had multiple screenshots of him harassing me prior and everything and people still sided with him, i do have evidence to back it up too but at this point i decide not to even bother with that since nothing good even comes from it, i already am passed those days. I was always targeted for "harassing him" because he would mainly crop out my words and make it seem like i was the bad guy, but when i tried to speak up i rarely would get listened too, he even included me one time saying that i was "talking shit" about his uncle because i said people who smoke are an idiot and that it is their fault if they get cancer because they smoke.(shmevins uncle had cancer i believe and passed away, my condolences.)

To be fair aren't you a big shit talker as well? I may be mistaken though.

But I kinda see that as a tactic more than harassing to win duels, unless he was threatening to ban you or whatever,

that's another thing, in wibbles I understand it's just shit posting but if I remember I think nugget or wizard (forgot their weeb namechanges) did threaten me with a ban or something, I guess that's part of the question of is that possible even allowed if it was wibbles to flaunt their powers that way?

EDIT: At least we don't have staff like this pretty little complaint http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=46569
Last edited by Lucy; Oct 1, 2017 at 07:18 AM.
|Evil|
I don't exist