Toribash
Original Post
Clan League 2019

A long held tradition and staple of Toribash arrives.
Get ready for Clan League 2019!

Last year, Alpha achieved their second title in a row. Throughout the year, some members moved on to other clans and fresh blood arrived. There is more than a little debate over whether or not they are the same powerhouse from last year and with more than one 'Dark Horse' to contend with, it's an uphil battle for retention of the crown.

Which of members will be consistent winners? Who will dealing with regrets?

Rules for participation are as follows:

•Anyone found to be in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished with disqualification from the whole event. This includes being in several accounts in one roster
•Failure to complete matches will result in penalties and/or disqualification from the competition.
•The replays for all stages will be uploaded onto either directly onto this thread, or a link to a clans personal replay archive thread for the event in their board if possible.

Due to the success of it last year, we're using the same League Qualification into Knockout system.

group rules

Because Alpha holds Rank 1 from last year, they are exempt from the group stages and go straight to the Knockout rounds.

All clans will go through to the Knockout stage.
This stage will be follow the standard single elimination system, with a reverse gradient seed (Read as: 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, 3rd vs 14th and so on.)

The 3rd place playoff and the Finals can start now.

Please note the changes for the matches below.

Final matches are first to 21. (Best of 41)
People can play maximum of 9 matches per round. The matches can be split across all mods, or all 9 in one mod
10 matches per mod. Clan that lost previous match chooses the next mod to play.

Deadline is the 1st of September, GMT + 0.
Countdown to deadline :: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...d=1&font=serif

Goodluck to everyone.

Modlist:
Aikidobigdojo.tbm
ErthTKv2.tbm
Boxshumushuv3.tbm
Lenshu3ng.tbm

Group Stage:

Knockout Stage:

You may begin your Knockout matches immediately
Deadline for Semi Final Knockout matches to be finished is 19th August, 2019 GMT+0

•Full Right Arm 3d Items
•Clan Achievement Trophy
•Free ToriPrime for 1 year
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and the Ecto / Cyborg Tori packs)
•18 Shiai Tokens
•60k Clan PP
•500K TC

•3d Item
•Free ToriPrime for 1 year
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions and packs)
•12 Shiai Tokens
•30k Clan PP
•300K TC

•3d Item
•Free ToriPrime for 6 months
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items, and packs)
•6 Shiai Tokens
•15k Clan PP OR 150K TC

To qualify for prizes you must have played at least a total of 8 games.

We recommend you use discord to organise your matches, you can find a link to the official toribash server here
Feel free to organise matches in your own servers, or however you see fit.
Last edited by Fade; Aug 12, 2019 at 09:43 PM. Reason: updated some numbers on prizes
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Yea i directly skipped tothe last one, I like it when he rages out lol

i think the funniest part is how alpha lost cl to pings
Ok so it's taken a while, but my final decision is as to count the game where Fire pinged against Ituump as a victory for Obey, making the score 17-16 in Obeys favour.

This means Obey goes through to the final, while Alpha goes to the 3rd or 4th place match decider vs Fl0w.

My reasoning’s are fairly simple and are such;

1) The previous ping in a TK match : iRuukie vs Diamond: iRuukie wins 14-11 (Diamond pinged after turn 3)
This shows that there was certainly some self governed decision making by the clans, and that alpha conceded the match and the point due to Diamond pinging.

2) I have this DM from Fire,
This leads me to believe that there was another TK match with a ping that wasn't counted. Since Fires' DM specifically says that that ping happened on the 2nd turn, while the match conceded has specifically stated the ping occurred after the 3rd turn.

3) Conceding pings as equal to a match lost has long been a staple of clan wars, as well as other forms of 1 on 1 events. I have no actual reason to look at a ping in a tiebreaker any differently. It's unfortunate for it to happen, but it is still a factor of the game and needs to be considered as something players accept as a possibility.

4) I cannot overturn this ping, without overturning other pings that have occurred prior, one being obviously linked in this clan league match with diamond, but there were others that occurred. I cannot in good conscience recount one or both of those pings without also recounting pings that other clans have had losses from.

Now, I understand there will be people that have issues with this decision, so I ask Fl0w, Win, Alpha, and Obey to not try and proceed with matches for a while so things can calm down. The deadline of the 19th for this round will be erased and you will be allowed to start prior to that day, but just do me a favour and hold off.

(I also won’t see any matches done until I say they can start as legit and they will be void.)

Thanks for waiting while I sorted things out and made a call.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post

This leads me to believe that there was another TK match with a ping that wasn't counted. Since Fires' DM specifically says that that ping happened on the 2nd turn, while the match conceded has specifically stated the ping occurred after the 3rd turn.

No this is the same one -_-
Now you are just playing dumb to explain yourself thats fucked up
-----
Originally Posted by icky
1) The previous ping in a TK match : iRuukie vs Diamond: iRuukie wins 14-11 (Diamond pinged after turn 3)
This shows that there was certainly some self governed decision making by the clans, and that alpha conceded the match and the point due to Diamond pinging.

No. we just went on with the games so we don't cause any delay, but me and Divine talked about if we should count it or not, and then he told me to contact you. therefore, there was no "self governed decision, there was me dm'ing you but not getting any actual response, help or explanation.

Pics about the chat between me and Divine, deciding that we won't make the call ourselfs, but ASK YOU:
https://gyazo.com/33bdd0c9bd643e3319d8a6f3490254da
https://gyazo.com/596aa78157da3d976c91f80e12089953

So you are "assuming" that? why didn't you have direct contact with asking for explanation, or even divine?
why not look at facts, at live streak, at fucking replays? Did you even bother asking for them?
I said it was turn 2 as if 2 spaces had already happened, it was a misunderstanding that you took analysed your own way, without any fact proofing it.

In such case, I could potentially say that this was a lack of responsibility by our side, as 1) you didnt answer me explaining whether it's a loss or not, and 2) you just used your vague explanation rather that facts.

3) Conceding pings as equal to a match lost has long been a staple of clan wars, as well as other forms of 1 on 1 events. I have no actual reason to look at a ping in a tiebreaker any differently. It's unfortunate for it to happen, but it is still a factor of the game and needs to be considered as something players accept as a possibility.

yes you do, you have many.
1- this being Clan league, all being about witch is the strongest clan of the year, not the luckiest one.
2- I had technically already won that game, there was no move he could have pulled that would have made me lose that match.
3- The ping being most likely cause by outside forces:
a) toribash servers being trash exposing anyone to a potential ping.
b) outside force, as the server was FULL, and being constantly spammed nonstop, where some players had the ACTUAL intention of making me ping (by that i am referring the the leaked picture I sent you from [w] private board.

So yea, do you think you still have no actual reason to look at the tiebreaker in a different way?

4) I cannot overturn this ping, without overturning other pings that have occurred prior, one being obviously linked in this clan league match with diamond, but there were others that occurred. I cannot in good conscience recount one or both of those pings without also recounting pings that other clans have had losses from.

I would like to remind you that before CL started, we (the community) voted that every situation will be looked into consideration depending on the current situation. therefore, if other pings are also worth of not counting, then it it your job to not count them.
Last edited by Fire; Aug 7, 2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Sometimes the more skilled players don't win, it do be like that sometimes.

Congratulations to Win for winning this years clan league.
Unfortunate it ended like this.
Last edited by cowmeat; Aug 7, 2019 at 09:39 AM.
https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulBea...DDoubleRainbow

I cannot fathom why this is a logical decision for [Alpha] to be disqualified - there is video evidence that we won the tiebreaker match. There was no imaginable chance for [Obey]'s player to win that match, which can be proved by editing that replay and attempting to find any situation in which [Alpha] loses that match.

Hence, if that match was unwinnable for [Obey], and a certain victory for [Alpha] - mind creating a rebuttal for the statement that "the ping was an absolute non-factor in the outcome of the match, the result would've remained consistent if the ping occurred or not"?

If you can find a a logical argument to draw the conclusion that somehow [Obey] deserves to win that match, better yet, that [Alpha] deserves to lose that match, then I concede defeat, otherwise this whole situation is a complete screwjob, [Alpha] was screwed utterly and thoroughly by this decision.
Last edited by Swaves; Aug 7, 2019 at 09:50 AM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Sometimes the more skilled players don't win, it do be like that sometimes.

Congratulations to Win for winning this years clan league.
Unfortunate it ended like this.

I seriously don't know how you can say that considering how close the final score was lol
I apologise for this post.
I thought CL was about being the best, but turns out it's about having the fastest internet connection and the least amount of shame.

And I hope you really enjoy this 2nd place, Obey, because you've traded your dignity for it^^
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Sometimes the more skilled players don't win

Congratulations to Win for winning

well at least the more skilled players are winning am i right