ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
I wanna get in on the learning Japanese thing. Pls teach or give plane ticket to poland.

Why not a language that is more likely to help you? Like spanish, portugese.. Korean language might be easier, atleast people told me so.
Thought about learning japanese back in the days too, but well... Guess spanish will come first

another Topic. I found a book that is quite amazing. It's about the Placebo-effect but with scientific background.
stuff like
- switching gene on and of
- Conditioning, meaning, expectation and suggestibillity
- neuroscience

I'm reading like a blueprint to change your whole 'self' to whatever you want, using the placebo effect for yourself and more close to the end of the book about transcendental meditation.
Last edited by Aikanaro; Nov 11, 2015 at 11:36 PM.
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Partly because being fluent in Japanese is usually required to learn their ways of blacksmithing. Especially the samurai sword making. Partly because why not? :L
Do it. Learning a new language can only make you smarter. "Why not" is the best question whatsoever.. I've thought the same about playing guitar and after two month now I can play a few songs and also play with chords all along
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Originally Posted by Aikanaro View Post
Why not a language that is more likely to help you? Like spanish, portugese.. Korean language might be easier, atleast people told me so.
Thought about learning japanese back in the days too, but well... Guess spanish will come first

another Topic. I found a book that is quite amazing. It's about the Placebo-effect but with scientific background.
stuff like
- switching gene on and of
- Conditioning, meaning, expectation and suggestibillity
- neuroscience

I'm reading like a blueprint to change your whole 'self' to whatever you want, using the placebo effect for yourself and more close to the end of the book about transcendental meditation.

Heh. The problem with those kind of books (and even more so with philosophy) is that they wear off pretty quickly once you read more than one. In the end you're left alone, wandering in postmodern junkyard.
retired
well. I found myself a couple of years in that yet. Maybe that's why I have those kind of books at home now

I also have the book that inspired the matrix and which Neo holded in his hands at the very beginning; Simulacra and Simulation
But it's in english which brakes my neck in just a few pages
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Yeah, well, I'll be using simulacra for my bachelor from anthropology. This and much more, new media, web 2.0, ideology, nethnography, narratology, I could go for hours.
retired
Originally Posted by JtanK View Post

so stupid, yet I laughed
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Looks like he's watching tiny round Turkish flag cutouts through empty bog-rolls.

''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''
ain't that you? The guy in the front?
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้