Toribash
Original Post
Clan League 2019

A long held tradition and staple of Toribash arrives.
Get ready for Clan League 2019!

Last year, Alpha achieved their second title in a row. Throughout the year, some members moved on to other clans and fresh blood arrived. There is more than a little debate over whether or not they are the same powerhouse from last year and with more than one 'Dark Horse' to contend with, it's an uphil battle for retention of the crown.

Which of members will be consistent winners? Who will dealing with regrets?

Rules for participation are as follows:

•Anyone found to be in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished with disqualification from the whole event. This includes being in several accounts in one roster
•Failure to complete matches will result in penalties and/or disqualification from the competition.
•The replays for all stages will be uploaded onto either directly onto this thread, or a link to a clans personal replay archive thread for the event in their board if possible.

Due to the success of it last year, we're using the same League Qualification into Knockout system.

group rules

Because Alpha holds Rank 1 from last year, they are exempt from the group stages and go straight to the Knockout rounds.

All clans will go through to the Knockout stage.
This stage will be follow the standard single elimination system, with a reverse gradient seed (Read as: 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, 3rd vs 14th and so on.)

The 3rd place playoff and the Finals can start now.

Please note the changes for the matches below.

Final matches are first to 21. (Best of 41)
People can play maximum of 9 matches per round. The matches can be split across all mods, or all 9 in one mod
10 matches per mod. Clan that lost previous match chooses the next mod to play.

Deadline is the 1st of September, GMT + 0.
Countdown to deadline :: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...d=1&font=serif

Goodluck to everyone.

Modlist:
Aikidobigdojo.tbm
ErthTKv2.tbm
Boxshumushuv3.tbm
Lenshu3ng.tbm

Group Stage:

Knockout Stage:

You may begin your Knockout matches immediately
Deadline for Semi Final Knockout matches to be finished is 19th August, 2019 GMT+0

•Full Right Arm 3d Items
•Clan Achievement Trophy
•Free ToriPrime for 1 year
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and the Ecto / Cyborg Tori packs)
•18 Shiai Tokens
•60k Clan PP
•500K TC

•3d Item
•Free ToriPrime for 1 year
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions and packs)
•12 Shiai Tokens
•30k Clan PP
•300K TC

•3d Item
•Free ToriPrime for 6 months
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items, and packs)
•6 Shiai Tokens
•15k Clan PP OR 150K TC

To qualify for prizes you must have played at least a total of 8 games.

We recommend you use discord to organise your matches, you can find a link to the official toribash server here
Feel free to organise matches in your own servers, or however you see fit.
Last edited by Fade; Aug 12, 2019 at 09:43 PM. Reason: updated some numbers on prizes
Quis provided very sound reasoning as to why at least one of the matches should at the very least be redone (specifically Fire vs iTuump). The ping rule exists more as a fail-safe for duels rather than an all-encompassing rule for every form of competitive play.

In ranked play, the "winner" does not increase in rank.
In bet servers, all bets are returned.
In clan wars, pings do not count as a win/loss for either clan.

Only in official duelmode is the ping rule is explicitly enforced. In unofficial "first to 3 wins" duels, both players are not expected to enforce this rule, but exists more as a right of the opposing player to exercise if there is a disagreement in whether the match should be played out again. Even in this case, there have been situations where staff chose to overrule this right because the pinged player has evidence that neither player was in an advantageous situation (for example, when not a single frame has passed). Which is a testament to the nature of that rule, it exists in the case of an event where the ping causes conflict and there is no evidence to support either side's claims.

In a situation where evidence is available that allows for one's ability to win can be quantifiably measured, it would be inappropriate to use what is essentially a legal suggestion as the deciding factor. It is within Icky's right to interpret rules and make final decisions to resolve conflict, but doing so in such a way that ignores circumstantial evidence is a gross oversimplification of the situation and favors a hasty resolution over one that is fair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I mean it's probably not worth it to complain anymore; he's made the decision.
ancient Moderated Message:
you've had the previous signature since 2019, i wonder how long it'll take you to notice this
If someone can provide a response that upholds Icky’s decision and understandibly disproves me and Shmevin’s arguments, then I will let it go and accept Obey as the winners, but until then, I cannot get myself to drop it when the decision just doesn’t make sense to me.
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
In clan wars, pings do not count as a win/loss for either clan.

In ranked play, the "winner" does not increase in rank.

the player who disconnects is punished with a 2x elo loss—worse than if they had actually lost.

In bet servers, all bets are returned.

the bet of the player who disconnects is not returned.

no one necessarily benefits when a player disconnects, but the player who disconnects is always punished
Originally Posted by Nerfpls View Post

I was speaking more in regards to the official clan war system, which does not grant a point to the opposing clan if the other has pinged, rather than what you quoted. The point of my post was to emphasize that "ping = loss" is not universally enforced.

The rule you quoted would make circumstances more similar to that of a "first to 3 wins" duel, as it is possible to conduct wars without using the official system just like you can perform duels without duelmode. Even if you make this connection, this rule is very poorly written. Not only does it mentions "good sportsmanship", which is very subjective and up for interpretation, but it finalizes its point by saying force-pinging is against the rules, which contradicts the previous sentence that says the player who pinged should give a point to the other clan.
Last edited by Shmevin; Aug 8, 2019 at 12:48 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by HiPower View Post
the player who disconnects is punished with a 2x elo loss—worse than if they had actually lost.

no one necessarily benefits when a player disconnects, but the player who disconnects is always punished

Again, all of these situations are in order to prevent someone disconnecting when they are about to lose in order to evade the punishments of a loss. It is in place because there is no way to monitor every game to make the right judgement and no reason to overturn such small consequences. So why does it make sense to allow this ping to actually benefit Obey when in those other situations, the winners are not rewarded?
Last edited by Quis; Aug 8, 2019 at 12:53 AM.

Yes, but there is no winner. The person who did not ping is no better off than they were before their opponent disconnected.

Yes, but there is no winner. The person who did not ping is no better off than they were before their opponent disconnected.

In both cases, with enough evidence, it is possible to punish the player who pinged even further if there is enough evidence to suggest foul play.
In neither case is it possible to grant the player who didn't ping a win. Whether it be an increase in ELO or bet winnings.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
3) Conceding pings as equal to a match lost has long been a staple of clan wars, as well as other forms of 1 on 1 events. I have no actual reason to look at a ping in a tiebreaker any differently. It's unfortunate for it to happen, but it is still a factor of the game and needs to be considered as something players accept as a possibility.

4) I cannot overturn this ping, without overturning other pings that have occurred prior, one being obviously linked in this clan league match with diamond, but there were others that occurred. I cannot in good conscience recount one or both of those pings without also recounting pings that other clans have had losses from.

i'd say these are sufficient counterarguments
In clan league were about 5 lucky moments because of which you won. Don't get me wrong, I don't care that we lost, only feeling sad for our clan and the injustice of this match, if you think about it, you can easily understand that in the last round you didn't have a chance to win (given the fact that before you got 2-3 free points(if not more lol) I mean ping of diamond, neck dq in boxshu and etc.).) Even having a huge advantage you wouldn't be able to win us if Fire didn't ping, so taking all these facts I would never accept your victory.
Jojo: We don't need to play against fl0w, funny
JoboMan: No comments
P.S gratz [w] for 1st place (except wounder, I don't like you *♡*)
-----
Shmevin says really right things btw. Shmevin is one of those people who never stale in the shower, and it's cool. You have a lot to learn from him, still such honest people now units
Last edited by Cicada3301; Aug 8, 2019 at 01:49 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
{(Forever In Your Heart 💚)}