yes
34 Votes / 91.89%
no
3 Votes / 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Toribash Next and Emissive Materials with Differed Lighting
As we know Toribash Next will be on the Unity engine. This will bring many new graphical features that once were impossible to be realized on the old toribash engine.

I propose that we can have materials such as joints and environment objects that can emit colored light which can color what it bounces off of and interact with other colored lights to create different colors. I.E red and green lights next to each other will create a yellow hue where they meet in the middle on whatever objects the light is bouncing off of.

I.E

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Toribash only has one light source in shaders.

If we can have glowing joints that emit colored light then there will be a new thing to buy on the shop for Next. These joints can be double or triple the price of their non glowing counterparts.

They can be won for completing certain tasks such as obtaining 10th dan, master belt, or completing two weeks of daily rewards, winning a number of es tournies or certain forum events etc.

The effect can also be applied to environment objects to give new sources of light such as the street lamps in the atmo script.

Here are some rudimentary mockup examples of what this can look like in game

Let me know how you feel and let's discuss this
Last edited by tertywerty; Jul 17, 2018 at 04:41 AM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
If Unity can do it then it's a possibility people should push for ;)

Before the S&I reshuffle there was a rule that if we attach a poll to our suggestions (and it gets a good amount of support), the dev-team would look at the suggestion and respond.

poll pls
Last edited by Ele; Jul 15, 2018 at 08:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Before the S&I reshuffle there was a rule that if we attach a poll to our suggestions (and it gets a good amount of support), the dev-team would look at the suggestion and respond.

poll pls

poll added

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Me want. Me say yes.

And for all those even considering arguing the fact that it is annoying or distracting, flames are no different.

As long as there is an option to toggle on/off I don't see a reason to say no.
There was a thread opened in 2015 about this that peaked my interest.
Here are some example imagery from there.

images

Credit to Jodus
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]