ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
what does it mean to be good in toribash?
i tried to create a list of things i think are essential to being able to play toribash shoutout to chatgpt for being able to make it sound prettylmk what yall think and if theres anything ive missed or your own opinions/thoughts on how to conceptualize skill

Observation: The ability to accurately assess the current state of the match, including positioning of both yourself and the opponent, point differentials, and potential risks like disqualification. Effective observation is key for making informed decisions.

Prediction: Forecasting the opponent's moves in the short and long term, analyzing potential trajectories and outcomes several turns ahead. Strong prediction skills allow for strategic planning and proactive responses.

Movement: Understanding the body as a cohesive system and executing deliberate actions with purpose. Regardless of stylistic preferences, proficiency in controlling joint states and overall body mechanics is essential for effective gameplay.

Strategy: Developing and implementing tactical approaches to gain advantages in the match. This involves decisions such as positioning, attack and defense strategies, target selection, and anticipating opponent movements to seize favorable opportunities.

Adaptability: The ability to adjust and respond effectively to unexpected developments or changes in the match dynamics. This includes adapting strategies on the fly, improvising responses to unforeseen situations, and quickly recovering from setbacks.

Timing: Skillful management of the timing and execution of movements and attacks. This involves recognizing optimal moments to initiate actions, capitalize on openings, or defend against incoming threats. Good timing can significantly influence the outcome of exchanges and ultimately the match.

Spatial Awareness/Proprioception/Kinesthesia: The skill of accurately sensing one's own position, movement, and orientation within the Toribash environment. Spatial awareness enables players to perceive the relative positions of their virtual avatar and the opponent, as well as anticipate their movements and interactions. It plays a crucial role in executing precise movements, maintaining balance, and effectively engaging in strategic gameplay maneuvers.

Memory: The capacity to recall and retain information about previous encounters and strategies used by opponents. Memory enables players to recognize recurring patterns and openers, facilitating more effective strategizing and prediction of opponent actions. With repeated exposure to the same openers, players develop a deeper understanding of their opponents' tendencies, enhancing their ability to anticipate future moves and formulate optimal responses.
Last edited by Kirito; Feb 24, 2024 at 04:30 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
These are good metrics, maybe mental fortitude could be one as well. Some people fold under pressure or when tilted and some play better under pressure.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MoveMemory: The ability to save every possible situation and steal skill from the best players.
relax all

flail

profit

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by Viraly0 View Post
These are good metrics, maybe mental fortitude could be one as well. Some people fold under pressure or when tilted and some play better under pressure.

should def add this. without good mental fortitude its harder to apply any of the other factors that were listed consistently into ur games, or as consistently if u were to have a better mental.
Last edited by Berzerk; Feb 21, 2024 at 06:52 AM.
Originally Posted by Berzerk View Post
should def add this. without good mental fortitude its harder to apply any of the other factors that were listed consistently into ur games, or as consistently if u were to have a better mental.

i feel like adaptability covers that concept as well. the description i put wasnt the best at explaining that but yeah
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Kinesthesia is probably the biggest part of toribash in my opinion so heres another chatgpt post cuz i cant verbalize this properly on my own

In Toribash, where you control your character with a mouse and keyboard, there's this amazing feeling called kinesthesia that really stands out. It's like a sixth sense that helps you control your character's every move with precision. Even though you're just clicking buttons, you can almost feel your character's movements in your own body. It's like you're the one moving and spinning, right there in the action. This feeling makes it easy to make quick changes to your character's joints and plan your next move in the blink of an eye. It's as if your mind and body are perfectly in sync with the game. This sensation not only makes playing Toribash super fun but also helps you become a master at the game, reacting instantly to whatever comes your way. Kinesthesia in Toribash makes playing feel like a real adventure, where you're completely immersed in the action.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message: