ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - Hamster
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with Hamster

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
I bet I could take at least 7, if I had a nice big solid object to bludgeon them with.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
My indie gamer friend introduced me to the game back in 2005, and I really liked the opportunity for so many different moves and configurations of the character.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
Floor textures yo! But uh, I dunno. I can't code for crap. Ask hampa. No, better yet, contact KiTFoX.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
The admins and moderators of this community all share the knowledge of how far is far enough to go, whether that be for punishment, fooling around, or being nice. Even loose cannons like Chac, KiTFoX, jalis, and m0o know what's going on, and they're intelligent people who are capable of showing restraint, even if they deny the fact.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
I like his supple ass-cheeks.

6. How do you shoot web?
I read this question as "How do you shoot veb?" at first, and was about to explain that how difficult that would be, seeing as how affiliation with salted chips grants immortality, but then I realized the question was a dumb meme and I was sad. :c

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
I wear size 13 1/2, so they'll have to be tall to do it. But yeah, when I die and can no longer use the forums, I'm sure my electronically-resurrected mind soul will pick up where I left off just fine.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
Is the fight on the forums or in game? veb owns the forums, hampa owns the game. Even though I beat hampa for my 10k game, he took my head off, and that left a nasty sprain for weeks.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
veb will create a silly game and everyone will have their cash stolen.

10. How old is RedDevil?
I'm pretty sure he's 47.

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
I did graphic design work for the forums and the blog. I also found out veb's NZ address, and shipped him a crate of beer.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
Because he's a dick.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
I love scaring people by PMing them angrily if they've sent a lot of stupid reports.

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
Yes, but everyone walks away with chocolate on their nose, which confuses me.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
When admins disagree about stuff, we appoint our 10-story-tall personal mechanized avatars to duke it out, each one fighting for our own idea. The last giant robot left standing represents its respective moderator, and that person's idea gets pushed forward. No one argues about it after that.
I has a flavour
For some reason i laughed for about 5 minutes because of this. I havent laughed that hard in a while. Thanks Hamster.
5. Do you like KiTFoX?
I like his supple ass-cheeks.

But that was a really good interview.
Originally Posted by Bloobing View Post
But that was a really good interview.

QFT. Really good read. +rep
ψ|TRG|liveCRUX
@ #15

lol, duking it out in giant war machines over a subject is how the world should solve it's problems
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Originally Posted by ivolt View Post
@ #15

lol, duking it out in giant war machines over a subject is how the world should solve it's problems

You should watch the Gundam series.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by SlainVeteran View Post
15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
When admins disagree about stuff, we appoint our 10-story-tall personal mechanized avatars to duke it out, each one fighting for our own idea. The last giant robot left standing represents its respective moderator, and that person's idea gets pushed forward. No one argues about it after that.

Fortunately, I myself am a robot, and therefore don't have to worry about figuring out controls, input lag, etc.

/o/

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Admins are of course given a better budget to build the mecha with. Any of you who has seen hanz0 in real life will know the kind of budget I'm talking about. ICBMs may be cheap (as in, lame), but they certainly are EFFECTIVE. Especially with thermonuclear warheads on them.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
Yes, but everyone walks away with chocolate on their nose, which confuses me.

Holy fucking lol.

That was great.

(For people who don't get it, they were kissing his ass.
and I lol'd.)
T1cux: clan have eggs.

Haha, Now i really wish I was an Admin or something like that
I am a terrible person :(