ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash 5.0
It's out! Steam only for the moment but there should be a standalone client coming eventually.

New features
- Matchmaking (Got ideas for improving matchmaking? Post them here)
* Queueing should work in SP and while queued/specced in MP
- Torishop multibuy
- Steam voice chat
* /voicechat on to enable
* Default push-to-talk key is Q
* Commands: /voicechat, /voicevolume, /voicemute, /voiceunmute
- Text chat mute (Finally!)

Fixes
- Rapidly speccing and reentering after matches in duel mode should no longer start a new match (duel trapping)
- Tried fixing the bug where the game glitches and reuses the openers from the previous match, please report if it happens to you Sounds like this one persists

Known issues
- Voicechat is currently having issues, im sory
- Kiai/win sounds not working
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 4, 2016 at 03:19 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I honestly dont mind it too much, ive been using standalone for the most part but I regularly go between the two nowadays.
But if I had to choose, id rather have a standalone version, as I dont use steam all that much for anything else anyway
h
Originally Posted by Solax View Post

But can I ask why so amny people want a standalone version? Is it just because you guys don't want to integrate with steam etc or is there more to it than that?

an example steam can block some VPN connections
Originally Posted by nblx View Post

6 years ago we were waiting for something like this.

So true. So true.
Kyure Moderated Message:
Make sure you explain why you like the movies!
But..But..It was scary ;-;
no, no we weren't. Just because Gorman made a render doesn't mean in any way that the entire tori model is going to change. Look at how solid the chest is, that wouldn't be flexible at all.

I just find that this is no different at all... Why not call it TB 4.7 or something?
Like, I really doubt that anyone is going to use the voicechat at all.
I'm not impressed with it.
Originally Posted by Chickenstix View Post
I just find that this is no different at all... Why not call it TB 4.7 or something?
Like, I really doubt that anyone is going to use the voicechat at all.
I'm not impressed with it.

Since this was major update, and we were on 4.95 already, it made sense to make it 5.0